You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:32 pm

Colin

you wrote:What was the point in dragging this old 'un up again ?

Nothing particular.

Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:04 pm

Torben wrote:Colin

you wrote:What was the point in dragging this old 'un up again ?

Nothing particular.

Well don't do it, then.

Re: Spot The Error !

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Colin

I think I may have missed your last post on this thread.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:57 pm

Torben wrote:Colin

I think I may have missed your last post on this thread.

You didn't miss anything.

I never posted one.

Re:

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:02 pm

ColinB wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Where's Alizee when we need her? :lol:

Oh, she's still clocking up the views over in the Picture Section !
[Over 16,000 views now]

Update 19th September, 2006: Over 18,000 views now !

Update 22nd January, 2008: Over 63,000 views now !

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:25 pm

What about this one:

Elvis Presley was brought into the world in 1935 by truck driver Vernon Presley and his seamstress wife Gladys Smith. His twin brother Jesse Garon Presley arrived at the same time but was stillborn, leaving Elvis to grow up as an only child. Raised in poverty, Elvis developed his singing talents at the famiy's Pentecostal church, and by the age of ten managed to win second prize at the Mississippi-Alabama Fair and Dairy Show with a version of the song Old Shep (a performance broadcast by local station WELO); this accomplishment motivated his parents to buy him an acoustic guitar, after which the young Elvis spent as much of his free time as possible teaching himself to play. In 1948 his family moved him to Memphis, and it was here that Elvis fell under the influence of black R&B performers such as B. B. King by way of the thriving music scene centered around the city's Beale Street clubs.

In Memphis, Presley's musical abilities continued to gain recognition, and in his next talent show the shy teen earned first place through the enthusiasm of his classmates. Blue-collar work at a machinist's shop was taken immediately after graduation in 1953, but Elvis' ambitions to become a professional musician were not abandoned: that same year he paid $4 to record himself singing My Happiness and That's When Your Heartaches Begin at Sam Phillip's Memphis Recording Service, but he was disappointed by the results. After a short-lived job with the Precision Tool Company, Elvis spent a period in his father's vocation, driving a truck for Crown Electric while also attending night classes to become an electrician. A second attempt at recording (A Casual Love Affair and I'll Never Stand In Your Way) was made at the start of 1954, but this time with Phillips himself in attendance; intrigued by the young singer's performance, the Sun Records owner invited him back to create further recordings later in the year.

Spot anything wrong there ?

Here's the link to the whole article:

http://www.nndb.com/people/363/000024291/

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:09 pm

A Casual Love Affair .......wrong, the song was (It wouldn`t be the same) without you

I`m not much into different kind of churches, but this does`nt sound right to me.....Pentecostal church... :?

second prize ....not quite sure, but wasn`t it fifth prize... :?
Last edited by elvisa on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:18 pm

elvisa wrote:A Casual Love Affair .......wrong, the song was (It wouldn`t be the same) without you

I`m not much into different kind of churches, but this doesn't sound right to me.....Pentecostal church... :?

Well done, Elvisa, they got the song wrong [and it was after the acetate was discovered, too] !

Elvis' church was The First Assembly of God..... don't know how that squares with 'Pentecostal'.............