You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Did Destiny's Child rip off Elvis? Check this out!

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:16 pm

I didn't notice it until this morning when my cousin pointed out what aresemblence DC's #1's cd artwork is to E-1.

Do you see any resemblence?

ImageImage

I actually have the DC #1's and the gold they used which is front and back is the exact gold of E-1. Plus both discs are of #1 hits by the other. I love my girls to death an all but to me it looks like they ripped off Elvis' E1 look.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:19 pm

I don't see the resemblance, but boy is that Beyonce' hot or what!?

Tom

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:20 pm

EXactly the same I cannot believe that ....She should be sued !! Those faces if you close half your eyes look like the word Elvis wrote in the elvis cd cover. Amazingggg

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:24 pm

Tom, what I meant was that it's a number 1 hits compilation, ala E1 and they chose a gold background ala E-1. It's not like E-1 wasn't out there to see. You couldn't go into the stores without seein the E1 logo in gold and the cd at #1 on the shelves.

Btw, DC's #1's also debuted at #1 on BB200. Outside of E-1 and the Beatles 1they're the only act to follow with a hits collection to debut at the top.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:31 pm

Oh dear...man, that Elvis fellow is really cool...! Are we allowed to discuss Elvis in the All Destiny┬┤s Child section of this forum or what...?

Sincerely MB280E

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:34 pm

MB280E wrote:Oh dear...man, that Elvis fellow is really cool...! Are we allowed to discuss Elvis in the All Destiny┬┤s Child section of this forum or what...?

Sincerely MB280E

I'm sorry if you gotta an issue with me or this topic, but you need to just deal with it, okay. :evil:

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:36 pm

Lakeisha wrote:Tom, what I meant was that it's a number 1 hits compilation, ala E1 and they chose a gold background ala E-1. It's not like E-1 wasn't out there to see. You couldn't go into the stores without seein the E1 logo in gold and the cd at #1 on the shelves.

Btw, DC's #1's also debuted at #1 on BB200. Outside of E-1 and the Beatles 1they're the only act to follow with a hits collection to debut at the top.

Nope, I still don't see it. Sorry.

Tom

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:41 pm

Ahh it was just a trick to talk about Destiny's Child :lol:

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:43 pm

I think it would make sense for anyone pushing a #1 hits collection to use the color gold somewhere on the cover. DC's isn't the same color judging by the pic you posted.

Aside from the reference to the number one, there are no similarities.

I think you're reaching quite a bit if you think there are.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:47 pm

Agreed!

Tom

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:26 am

Who gives a flying f-a-r-t anyway?

Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:28 am

Lakeisha wrote:I'm sorry if you gotta an issue with me or this topic, but you need to just deal with it, okay. :evil:

Ahhh, I see. Yes, how dare the existing members ask that you consider or respect the existing guidelines of the forum that you just joined. Thanks for letting us know your feelings Ian.

Eileen

Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:24 am

Eileen wrote:
Lakeisha wrote:I'm sorry if you gotta an issue with me or this topic, but you need to just deal with it, okay. :evil:

Ahhh, I see. Yes, how dare the existing members ask that you consider or respect the existing guidelines of the forum that you just joined. Thanks for letting us know your feelings Ian.

Eileen

OMG, did you just call me Ian? :lol: I think you know better than anyone who I am. And I'm not Ian for sure, LMAO.

What I posted was something that I saw as a possible ripoff of Elvis. That's the only reason I started this thread. If you guys don't like Beyonce, or DC then why did you even read the thread anyway?

And I'm not "new" here. I was here logged on before the E-1 board was ever created. I just hadn't posted here for a while becuase of the personal attacks aimed at me back then. But I can see some things never change. :cry:

Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:07 am

Lakeisha wrote:OMG, did you just call me Ian? :lol: I think you know better than anyone who I am. And I'm not Ian for sure, LMAO.

What I posted was something that I saw as a possible ripoff of Elvis. That's the only reason I started this thread. If you guys don't like Beyonce, or DC then why did you even read the thread anyway?

And I'm not "new" here. I was here logged on before the E-1 board was ever created. I just hadn't posted here for a while becuase of the personal attacks aimed at me back then. But I can see some things never change. :cry:

Yes, I did call you Ian - hoping you would get the point without anyone (including me) being any sharper than they've been already.

You are right, I know you, and you know that I was quite a supporter of you on the E1 board, not only ON the board but even emailed my support. I really appreciated your perspective and I appreciate it here too. So perhaps it should give you a bit of pause that I haven't been so supportive over here - maybe there is a reason for that? As well that others have commented, and that you've had problems on this board before. Your answer seems to be that everyone else should change what they want from this board and 'just deal with it' cuz you're gonna 'be yourself'? Okay, then don't wonder why I call you Ian.

If you want your experience here to be more enjoyable than it was the last time, I'm happy to help all I can via PM in explaining discussions that you missed and the hardships the board experienced.

Eileen

Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:36 am

I think they're not ripping off Elvis but the general public. Elvis and the Beatles aside, don't think there's anyone else that can come out with an album full of number one hits. Bing Crosby maybe.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:58 am

Lakeisha wrote:If you guys don't like Beyonce, or DC then why did you even read the thread anyway?

It's not that we don't like her. You just caught us off guard. We just got so used to hearing about Kate Bush and didn't expect this.

What a breath of fresh air!

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:34 am

Rob wrote:
Lakeisha wrote:If you guys don't like Beyonce, or DC then why did you even read the thread anyway?

It's not that we don't like her. You just caught us off guard. We just got so used to hearing about Kate Bush and didn't expect this.

What a breath of fresh air!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:06 pm

Just noticed this thread, so apolgies for bringing this back up.

Didn't the beatles have a multimillion selling CD called, er, 1's, which BMG ripped off the idea of Elv1s? They took number 1's from various charts to give 20 odd selections.

hmmm. Elvis ripping off Beatles?

Can open, worms everywhere......