You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Elvis and Kate Bush: The Guardian. 4th November 2005.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:13 am

Yes ColinB, It's my post:-) The Guardian also carries a review of Kates album, "Aerial". The newspaper paper loves her!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/page/0,1 ... 85,00.html
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Your letters

Hound dogs of love
The most surprising thing about Tom Doyle's Kate Bush interview (I'm not some weirdo recluse, October 28) was that it did not mention the most important ingredient of Kate's return: Elvis Presley. The video for King of the Mountain has Kate and Elvis fans delighted and perplexed. Why did she feel the need to write about Elvis? Maybe because she herself is beginning to get the same kind of nonsense printed about her as he had to endure all his life and for the decades after his death.
spectacle
Swords, Ireland"

"The Guardian", printed an edited version of my letter to them.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:01 am

That's unfair,Maurice,That song shoulld have been mentioned.

In 2001 she picked up a Brit Award,she claimed her Son,3 years old at the time,was the best performer of 2001,due to his Elvis Impersonations!

I thought that was Cool to see,looks like the little boy has been exposed to the King,in some sort of form.

I think his Mum must be a fan !!! :wink: :D

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:50 am

Maurice talking about Kate Bush?

How unusual.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:31 am

This just proves Maurice is capable of handling a myriad of subjects.

I am going to pick a random subject like say......statues and lets see what he comes up with.

:lol:

Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:53 pm

Maurice is currently working on a project to get a statue of a 13-year-old Kate Bush erected in Swords.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:02 pm

ColinB wrote:Maurice is currently working on a project to get a statue of a 13-year-old Kate Bush erected in Swords.

Colin, does that come with a rim shot? :lol:

Re: .

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote:This just proves Maurice is capable of handling a myriad of subjects.

I am going to pick a random subject like say......statues and lets see what he comes up with.

:lol:

On a beautiful sunny morning, 12th May 2001, along with our daughter Tracey, Maureen and I were admiring the vast expanse of land and ocean from the top of a Twin Tower in New York. We had already strolled across the Brooklyn bridge............ and not a sign of King Kong!

Below us in the bay was the statue of Elvi...........oops............. Liberty.

It was Tracey's 40th birthday. She could have a Special treat, a ride in a helicopter over Manhattan....or............?

She chose Beethoven's Ninth at at Carnegie Hall. The St Celia Orchestra and Choir performed.

We went to see them here in Dublin last November.........Beethoven again :lol:

Keep winding Colin. I may, or may not spring :wink: