You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Elvis, Kate, and Robbie, "The Telegraph".

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:31 pm

Daily Telegraph: Elvis & Kate & Robbie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jh ... neil03.xml
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The King's reign goes on and on...
3 November 2005

Elvis Presley is the subject of two new songs by two of the UK's biggest stars. Neil McCormick examines this fascination with the King's iconic status

Elvis Presley was apparently the highest-earning dead celebrity this year, raking in $45 million dollars.

His unchallenged position at the epicentre of pop iconography is confirmed by his posthumous role in songs by two of Britain's biggest stars.

Kate Bush's comeback hit King of the Mountain and Robbie Williams's standout album track, Advertising Space both take Elvis as their subject.

Like all great mythic figures, interpretations tend to tell us more about the writer than the character himself. In Bush's hands, Elvis is a metaphor for her own reclusiveness, an absent legend on which fans project their fantasies ("There's a rumour that you're on ice/and you will rise again some day").

Williams's offering contemplates the commercial exploitation of a star whose humanity has been erased, leaving only "advertising space". When Williams sings, "at what point did you realise/that everybody loves your life but you?", his identification with Elvis's predicament is all too evident.

The song is set to become Williams's first ever December single, for which he has shot a video decked out in Elvis leather, with Blackpool standing in as a cut-price Las Vegas.

Who knows, he may even give Elvis another Christmas number one."

With a little help from....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/ ... ISKate.jpg

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:36 pm

Who is this Kate Bush you speak of, Maurice?

:smt098

Jules

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:55 pm

familyjules, According to a writer in "MOJO" magazine she is the Greatest living British artist in songwriting.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:18 am

Hey, I only had to read the title of this thread, and I knew who had posted it !

Getting good in my dotage, aren't I ?

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:43 am

Mental Telegraphy?