You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

"Elvis Presley International Airport, Memphis"

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:08 pm

Scott Shepard of the "Memphis Business Journal" requested an interview with yours truly to discuss the latest Elvis Airport news this evening. See

http://news.google.ie/news?hl=en&ned=us ... earch+News

We spoke for 30 minutes or so by telephone and the idea of The King Airport Memphis appealed to him considering Martin Luther King Jr and Elvis being in the top ten of the 100 Greatest Americans.

Elvis Airport would be of course be our first choice. But The King Airport Memphis would conjour up Elvis in a great many minds anyway:-)

Who knows what may happen although the Airport Authorities in Memphis are not fond of the Elvis Airport idea.
Anyway the subject is getting a lot of attention in Memphis. Public oppinion may win in the end.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:34 am

I think we should settle this once and for all rather than dragging up this dead horse year after year.

Let's just call it the Maurice International Airport and move on. :D

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

doesn't this guy have anything else to do in his life?

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:46 am

Thanks guys, More support arrived via e-mail from a reporter with the "Daily Journal" of Tupelo.

"Hi Maurice,
Good job! You're making headway in Memphis. I'll see if my editors here are interested in pursuing the lead, too ...
Thanks!
Emily

Emily Le Coz
Business Writer
Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal".

Have I other things to do? I'm presently painting the exterior woodwork of our home, landscaping our fairly large garden by replacing lawns with stone and rock. Charity collections. Reading the lives of the great composers, and replying to silly questions and observations on this message board:-)

http://news.google.ie/news?hl=en&ned=us ... earch+News

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:10 am

Actually, I think it would be really nice to have Memphis International renamed 'Elvis Presley'. After all, we have JFK in New York, Louis Armstrong in New Orleans. Isn't there a John Lennon in Liverpool? I don't think it's asking too much for Memphis to do the same..

K.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:23 pm

Milhouse,
You have got to be the most egotistical, arrogant POS I've ever had the misfortune of listening to. As I have said before, we all do things to promote Elvis' memory. Why is it that you are the only one who just has to boast about it so much like you are the only one? Is it to make yourself look like a man?? Is your self-esteem that low? I've worked with celebrities for over 20 years and I have yet to come across a bigger ego, and they actually have a reason to be cocky. You're a miniscule shell of a man and I honestly feel sorry for how incredibly miserable your life must be. You go right ahead and call me a liar or whatever, but you prove my point with every single pathetic post. You're just sad.

Tom

Hi

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:26 pm

Hi Tom.

I am not trying to defend Maurice here but it strikes me that you so often mention that you have worked with celebrities for over 20 years.
I think everyone knows by now.
Cheers
Simon

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:36 pm

The difference Simon, is that I'm not bragging about it. In my opinion, working with celebrities is no different than working with anyone else. In fact, in a lot of ways, it's much worse. I was simply making a point that I work with folks known for their incredible egos and he's still more arrogant than any one of them. I respect and appreciate your opinion, though.

Tom

Hi

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:43 pm

Hi Tom,

Okay, point taken, I understand your reasoning now.

It MUST be hard to work with some of them, I believe you. I often wonder if I could have coped with Elvis' own behaviour if I had been around him. Those guys around him didn't always have an easy job.
Thanks for the reply.

All the best
Simon

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:50 pm

minkahed wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

doesn't this guy have anything else to do in his life?

Such as those who write several lengthy thesis on Elvis
(and not being paid to write them anyway)
(and possibly losing several of those "intelligent" posts in the recent transfer of servers)

seems to me, LTB, Likethebike is someone to direct that question to.
he gets gladhand pats on the back for constantly typing lengthy essays.
I'm sure he's proud of his amateur writing. So. doesn't that guy have anything else to do in his life?
Maurice as I understand spends his time trying to accomplish Elvis-related things that actually EXIST in physical form. statues, airports, streets, whatever.
That's more noble an endeavor on Elvis Presley' behalf than just posting grandious rambling analytical text online. Text that may or may not get read, or get lost!

Keep up the good work Maurice. Make that Elvis project actually manifest and last.
Make it real.

let's ask ourselves: So what did you do for Elvis this year?

Uh, I wrote 17 threads analyzing his soundtracks and analyzing this and that about him.

What did you do for Elvis this year?

I got an airport named after him.

:!: Put that in perspective fellas!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:08 pm

Jesse,
You are being incredibly naive. Despite his claim, Maurice is NOT instigating this. It has been going on for some time. He arrogantly claims to be taking the lead, just as he did on the Tupelo statue. It's just not so. Don't believe his self proclaimed hype. Many, many people are involved in these projects, and he very well may be one of them, but his own stated self-importance is way overblown. Don't fall for it.

Tom

Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi KevinK, Thanks. Nice to see you back, did you enjoy your trip?

Simon, TINC must be the simple one:-) He has been repeating the same kind of accusations about me for a few years now. With the same impotent result. EDIT.I have just read TINC's latest.

To counter his dishonest claim, just search Elvis Airport for the first publicity.

He knows I live a very interesting and fulfilling life. And I'm actually very modest too:-) (true)

Publicising Elvis is just a very nice and rewarding hobby.

Thanksamillion Jesse Garon, it's nice to be appreciated now and again.
Last edited by MauriceinIreland on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:07 pm

Jesse Garon wrote:
Such as those who write several lengthy thesis on Elvis
(and not being paid to write them anyway)
(and possibly losing several of those "intelligent" posts in the recent transfer of servers)

seems to me, LTB, Likethebike is someone to direct that question to.
he gets gladhand pats on the back for constantly typing lengthy essays.
I'm sure he's proud of his amateur writing. So. doesn't that guy have anything else to do in his life?
Maurice as I understand spends his time trying to accomplish Elvis-related things that actually EXIST in physical form. statues, airports, streets, whatever.
That's more noble an endeavor on Elvis Presley' behalf than just posting grandious rambling analytical text online. Text that may or may not get read, or get lost!

Keep up the good work Maurice. Make that Elvis project actually manifest and last.
Make it real.

let's ask ourselves: So what did you do for Elvis this year?

Uh, I wrote 17 threads analyzing his soundtracks and analyzing this and that about him.

What did you do for Elvis this year?

I got an airport named after him.

:!: Put that in perspective fellas!

What bike is doing is discussing and promoting discussion about Elvis Presley. That’s what this message board is all about.

There are many people that post here that have made their contributions to the Elvis legacy over the years, but they don’t feel the need to constantly post threads about this.

If this post belongs anywhere it should be in the “Elvis in the Media” section. This way those that are interested in such things could read and discuss them, whilst on this section we can continue discuss Elvis’ life and music.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:26 pm

rockinrebel, you know TINC owns the off topic section..what chance would my posts have?

He said I didn't belong there!!! Not a moderator in sight:-)

As far as I have seen this anarchic message board has always been so.
Last edited by MauriceinIreland on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:36 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:rockinrebel, you know TINC owns the off topic section..what chance would my posts have?

He said I didn't belong there!!! Not a moderator in sight:-)

As far as I have seen this anarchic message board has always been so.

http://disney

The ‘Elvis in the Media’ section is separate to the ‘off topic’ section. It’s one of the extra pages that was created after FECC asked the board members for their input. The last time I looked nobody appeared to have a monopoly on it.

Personally, I don’t find this board anarchic. I think the majority of the people that post here are passionate about their opinions, and the fact that they are prepared to defend and explain them makes this an interesting place to visit.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:07 pm

rockinrebel, See TINC's TWELVE threads on the off topic section. No monopoly huh:-)

I have seen constant off topic posts on All Elvis...and not only mine.

Occasionally we get very interesting threads about Elvis's music here but most of the threads are just about trivia, dressed up as, "Elvis music".

Posting links here works for me as I can get a press releases placed higher on google etc than otherwise. I contribute to the Elvis community in my own way and get quite a lot of abuse, but no matter. Things keep movin' on:-) Sometimes I'm amazed my cheek actually worked:-)

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:09 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:rockinrebel, you know TINC owns the off topic section..what chance would my posts have?

Most of what I post is either comical or info sharing. NOT, the arrogant boasting and taking credit for other's work that you are famous for.

MauriceinIreland wrote:He said I didn't belong there!!!

Wrong again, dicksmack. When did I say that? I said your stuff belonged in the Elvis in the Media section. You post other's words so often, you would think you'd be better at it.

MauriceinIreland wrote:As far as I have seen this anarchic message board has always been so.

You bitch about this board more than most and yet you continue to post your egotistical drivel. Are you a hypocrite or a moron. I know where my money lies.

Tom

P.S. Have a nice day!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:26 pm

Strange you hardly ever mention Elvis, or his music or his legacy.

Most of your time is spent abusing those that do. You are a very sad specimen, although I suppose your infantile humour has some value?

Examples of me taking credit for others work seem to be beyond your range?

Please show us where I have taken such credit. No vague inferences please let's get to the nitty gritty!

You have an audience now perform!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:43 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Strange you hardly ever mention Elvis, or his music or his legacy.

I do when it's relevant to something I or someone else has done. However, I don't live and breath it like you obviously do. It's called over compensation, Milhouse.

MauriceinIreland wrote:Most of your time is spent abusing those that do.

No, just you, mostly........and simplekins. Something about blatant arrogance and intentional ignorance I guess.

MauriceinIreland wrote:Examples of me taking credit for others work seem to be beyond your range?Please show us where I have taken such credit. No vague inferences please let's get to the nitty gritty!

This we've done time after time. From articles to the Tupelo Statue to now the Memphis airport. I refuse to be pulled back into this again. After all, when you've bested a fool, what have you really accomplished.

MauriceinIreland wrote:You have an audience now perform!

Wrong again, PotatoHead. You're the only one here who desperately needs an audience. You prove that every single day. My self-esteem is just fine, thank you very much.

That's it for attention on my dime, Magoo. Buh Bye now.

Tom

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:44 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:He said I didn't belong there!!! Not a moderator in sight:-)

Then that is worse. I am sorry, but I have no idea of when this was.

All notifications should have been followed up and a response sent to you when you notified your objections.

If you wish to do so I will respond to any complaint and look at it on it's own merit.

I offer this assuming I was listed as moderator at the time you are saying you riased your objections to me.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:47 pm

Steve_M wrote:Then that is worse. I am sorry, but I have no idea of when this was.

Stevo,
That's because it never happened. What I said (and Dingleberry knows this) was that most of his posts belonged in the Elvis in the Media section as he was quoting other's words.

Tom

Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:21 am

I love you guys!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:12 am

Jesse Garon wrote:seems to me, LTB, Likethebike is someone to direct that question to. he gets gladhand pats on the back for constantly typing lengthy essays.

Seems to me you display an inability to discern between a gifted writer who offers cogent and pointed analysis on the life, music and career of Elvis Presley and a self-promoting, statue-obsessed blowhard.

likethebike is one of the reasons this MB is held in high esteem by the more intelligent fans of the man and his music. Your odd comments tell us much more about you and your limitations.

DJC

Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:35 am

Point extremely well made Doc. LTB initiates discussion and debate.....the very reason for the existence of this MB. And he does so by offering a unique perspective on a broad range of topics, many of which (after a lifetime as a fan) I had not considered. Again, this is the reason we come here (as well as for the friendships we share). What is it that you feel the MB should be doing, if not this???

Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:55 am

Steve_M, TINC's' words to me were, "You do not fit in Here". I did not complain to a moderator. But others here have noticed his constant unreasonable attacks on a great many of my posts. His dishonest accusations go unchallenged.

But you are well aware of his constant attacks on me. Impotent as they are.

What's up Doc, Do you really think I am "a self-promoting, statue-obsessed blowhard"?

Well that is quite untrue...shame on you. Superficial reading of my posts may have led you to such a silly assumption. We hardly know each other.

Most here think you are a pompous know all. I have witnessed some of your so called in depth knowledge - a command of Elvis related trivia...all the rest is mostly general knowledge known by the great majority of well read Elvis fans. Read and yearn:-)

Meanwhile: The Elvis airport story is just a hobby, many Elvis fans like the idea, some don't. What's new! Maurice. 5.53am:-)