You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:31 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:He cannot see the autograph book i'm holding clearly either..........


Send me those Hubble specs, and I'll bet I could see it from here.

Tom

NO ASSWIPES
Image

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:45 pm

What's with all the venom, Tom?

It seems really out of place. That's why they created Private messaging. :idea:

(I was going to quote the "Guidelines": alas, like the other posts, they are AWOL. ..)

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:53 pm

Thanks Greg, It's his hobby:-)


TINC, Your self esteem still troubling you huh?

Your fixation with my spectacles and cartoons is quite touching. You are to be pitied.

http://news.google.ie/news?hl=en&ned=us ... earch+News

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:00 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Your fixation with my spectacles and cartoons is quite touching.


As usual Magoo, you arrogantly think it's all about you.

Tom

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:02 pm

You make it seem so TINC!

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:07 pm

Sorry, PotatoHead, but I'll not play a part in feeding that overinflated ego of yours anymore. My best to the wife.

Tom

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:45 pm

And your a man of your word as we all know.

http://news.google.ie/news?hl=en&ned=us ... earch+News

Now for my telephone interview with the, "Memphis Business Journal", about the above.

Terue!

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:47 pm

Greg you missed it.

All I wanted to know was why as mo was descriptive without ever mentioning why.

I asked him why and none of the initial answers he gave had any relevance to my question.

If only he'd have said what he's now said in the first place. It took less time and space and was quite straightforward in the end.

And yet he accused me of making a mountain out of a molehill !!!


On top of that he also managed to answer my simplest of questions with "insignificant young creep" after telling me that he sees no reason why he should even answer my questions, despite the position i have and alsdo following it with asking me questions!

"insignificant young creep" was not written as an expression of his opinion, he actually wrote it as a statement of fact he was making.

All I wanted to know was why was the color relevant to mention. Go back and read his post in my quote of it as I beleive he has since editted his and you will find no relevance in his original as to why he was mentioning it.

I have tried to make it clear before that there are those on here who will do all they can to make the job I was given more and more difficult than it needs to be.

They even challenge me asking them questions and then fire insults and they spend more time doing it than answering the question directly would take.

I don't mind too much but I keep asking myself what the point of doing this is and never coming up with a viable answer.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:15 pm

Steve_M wrote:I don't mind too much but I keep asking myself what the point of doing this is and never coming up with a viable answer.



Fair enough. I think I saw all of it, but anyway, it's your moderating we are a fan of. Your work is appreciated :!: :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:49 pm

OK Steve_M, In the first place I did not edit my post.

Greg is right, I was just being descriptive not thinking about the Race card-it never entered my mind.

Then being labeled a racist by insinuation annoyed me so much, I let go!

I understand you are trying to moderate, but in this instance no moderation was needed.

You read into my, matter of fact words, a meaning that was not intended. I just do not think that way.

Why describe the driver as black, and not us as white? Well we are obviously white and most of the taxi drivers were black in Memphis. If he had been white he may not have taken us to see the apartment block where Martin Luther King was shot. At least not that time of the night/morning?

You just had to be there at the time. It was like something you see in the movies! The atmosphere was very tense with all those flashing police lights, and policemen searching men spreadeagled against a wall!

Delete this thread and we will all move on before another fool calls me a racist.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:05 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Then being labeled a racist by insinuation annoyed me so much, I let go!


Any insinuation was made by you insinuating something from what you've read.

MauriceinIreland wrote:I understand you are trying to moderate, but in this instance no moderation was needed.


Well you didn't get the complaint sent to you so I think that's mighty rich of you to call it that way.

MauriceinIreland wrote:You read into my, matter of fact words, a meaning that was not intended. I just do not think that way.


No, that's not true. I didn't know either way. I tried to enlighten myself by asking you. You chose of your own free will to avoid answering that question which raised doubts in my mind as to your intention and agenda and you also followed that up by calling me "insignificant young creep" and as a moderator and temp admin you said who was I to ask questions whcih was a question in itself and I thought that was rich. It's okay for you but you deem it not okay for me.

MauriceinIreland wrote:Why describe the driver as black, and not us as white? Well we are obviously white and most of the taxi drivers were black in Memphis. If he had been white he may not have taken us to see the apartment block where Martin Luther King was shot. At least not that time of the night/morning?


To me that wasn't obvious at all, nor could I see the relevance in your first post. I've not knowingly recalled any details of a lady from BMG Dublin, nor would I assume it was the same person if I had. It beggars belief that this lady was "obviously white" - how would that be obvious to anyone reading your post ?

MauriceinIreland wrote:You just had to be there at the time. It was like something you see in the movies! The atmosphere was very tense with all those flashing police lights, and policemen searching men spreadeagled against a wall!


I'm not going to dispute that, but I would have hoped that you would have noticed that I wasn't there at the time.

MauriceinIreland wrote:Delete this thread and we will all move on before another fool calls me a racist.


Another ? How many fools are you suggesting there have already been ?

I never called you a racist though I'm sure you know that. I did wonder if your comments in your post could be interpreted by others as being racist after having one complaint bought to me.
A quick reply to my question would have claered it up i'm sure, but you had other ideas and also other statements of fact you wanted to air about me instead.

Others might have thought your avoidence of the question could have been insinuating that you were racist.

This thread stays so as to be a lesson in how not to screw up and that if a moderator asks you a simple question that the wisest thing to do is to answer it.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:09 pm

Steve,
You rock!

Tom

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:43 pm

How am I supposed to know someone complained? Why didn't you say that in the first place instead of playing silly word games.

Yes please leave the thread. Fair minded people may enjoy reading how words can be so easily misinterpreted by those who have their own agenda.

Strange isn't it that Greg read it all and saw nothing to get riled about. But then you tell him I edited the post !!! Did I?

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:45 pm

Okay, we've heard from both sides and I call a truce. Boys, back to your rooms...! :lol:


"Blessed are the peace-makers"

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:00 pm

[quote="MauriceinIreland"]And your a man of your word as we all know.[quote]

Maurice

That should be "you're".

Please don't make this mistake again.

Thanks.

And Steve - get real, mate?

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:02 am

Yes, according to the info at the bottom of the post it has been edited once since you wrote it.

How are you supposed to know someone complained ? Because I told you they had. :roll:
I didn't tell you until after I decided they might have grounds after YOU refused to answer me and put my mind at rest.
I may have judged their complaint to be without grounds after your quick reply, but alas you were either incapable or chose not to give one. Until then any complaint shall remain on the QT in confidence because that's the only way it can work.

Spelly, I'll get real if you so wish, that's not a problem and I would welcome such an opportunity from a democratic majority of people who feel the same as I can't see that to continue with a minority of people blantantly trying to ruin it for the many is worth persuing.

As for Greg not getting riled, well I hardly see the comparison. Greg, how much time did you have to get involved in spending on this after someone approached you with a complaint ?

And on top of all this Maurice has yet again not taken the oportunity to answer the questions put to him even though he had the oppotunity to do so when he posted.

What don't you get about this Maurice ?
What is so difficult about it ?

Is it the way I phrase the questions ?
Is it that they are just too hard to comprehend ?

Shall we start low down and work our way up until we find your level, here ?

Are you just doing it to waste my time ?

I've cut you some slack in this thread far more than I would most. The pissing taking has got to stop now.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:54 am

Hell, we can back way up on this thread and assume that Maurice didn't really know that Martin Luther King, Jr. was not a real Memphian, either. He said he knew that, but.....

.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:24 am

This has been the most interesting thread in a while...(I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing...lol)

Anyhoo, Maurice I did not take your thread as racist at all but as you can see this is 2005 and the PC police are out in full force.

Steve, I am glad you are our Moderator again. You do a fine job but don't let issues like this get you down. I notice whenever there is a little backlash you question if you should be doing this (moderating). Don't worry about it, just do your thing!

Re: .

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:20 am

[quote="Blue-Gypsy"]Anyhoo, Maurice I did not take your thread as racist at all but as you can see this is 2005 and the PC police are out in full force.

quote]

I feel like Kafka, the complainer/accuser has more power than I have.

But I refuse to play the game.

Any editing I did was to correct spelling or an error. As I recall, the original post remained intact.

Steve_M, I may have reacted too fast to your use of the word , "Bollocks". Nevertheless it was uncalled for.

Why should I explain myself when there is nothing to explain, as many here have seen?

I take back what I said to you, It was done in anger after reading, as I perceived it, a racist slur. But that's it.

I'm now totally finished with this thread.

Do what you think fit I really don't care anymore.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:06 am

Tony, EVERYTIME I have to follow up a complaint there's a backlash. It means that I'm not doing it right.

In everyone seemingly wanting me to carry on it means they want me to carry on not doing it right.

Maurice you win.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:06 pm

Steve....you have behaved like a total twat on this thread, shame on you!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:19 pm

That does seem like the consensus of opinion including to a degree my own.

I can't say it anymore with any greater effect that I am incapable of doing the job becuase this is the result and the cost to me is that I have to look a twat because I have to ask questions and take abuse as an answer.

The other option i have is to not take part in the board and thus it would be difficult for me to look a twat, I would venture to say I would ensure that I wouldn't.

I also think others would look the same as me if they did the job which is perhaps why the queue for it is so short.

I have removed myself as a moderator last week, I have removed my staus of "Site Admin" last week and I still get the PM's and e-mails as if i still was.

What's the alternative ? Write back and recommend a good optician - no point they wouldn't read it.

Another would be to ignore it. Well i end up with more abuse consequently because of that than I do from Maurice! And that's saying something.

What i could do is to ban myself through the admin access and then to delete my posts via an isolation search in the database, but then I'm stuck as i daren't alter anything in that at the moment until i'm happy it is 100% stable. But when I can at least it will stop people from addressing me and contacting me and being as that's the only type of contact I get directly via the board then that would fix that also.

So I have considered plans etc that will hopefully bring this kind of thing to a conclusion.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:32 pm

Ezz wrote:Steve....you have behaved like a total twat on this thread, shame on you!


Sorry I dont believe he has, no matter what Steve says, and its true Steve.. we dont read that you are no longer moderator or anything else, but we look to you as peacemaker and voice of FECC....I`m sure we dont really want to see the old banishments of the past come back again( Sorry FECC..Some humour does not translate)

and MC was the first again to start the name calling

quote="MauriceinIreland"]

Who the hell do you think you are, you insignificant YOUNG creep?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...ooops should that be coloured? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:49 pm

That's the problem.

When there are two opposing views and I'm asked to step into the middle of it then one side is always going to be content and the other is always going to take it out on me.

None of the others who sit there piping in with their tuppence worth have ever offered to do the job.

It is a depressing situation and the abuse is not worth it.

I've told Maurice he wins and I think he seems to have settled for that.

Then after that along comes Ezz and starts the name calling all over again in a thread he wasn't involved with and one which was really concluded. Seems some are dissapointed it is fizzling out and want to kick start it all off again.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:09 pm

Steve -

With reference to your avatar - it's nice to see that good taste still rules in 2005 !

Is that a different pic from usual coffin one, or has it been doctored ?