Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: When Michael Met Elvis ... and Lisa --> Dates Confirmed!

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:01 pm

sundial77 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:24 pm wrote:
a mess of polk salad on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:05 am wrote:
sundial77 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:06 pm wrote:
JRtherealJR on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 am wrote:It would be interesting to know which jumpsuit Elvis was wearing at the May 26 Dinner Show when he introduces the Jackson 5.

If anyone has the Sue McCasland book "World's Best Kept Secret" does it shed any light on which suit was worn?

I understand that the Blue Rainbow was worn May 17.
Peacock was worn May 25 MS.

I suppose without a newspaper review of this particular show where they might have mentioned the design of Elvis' jumpsuit, it's impossible to be sure.

According to the Elvis In Concert site, EP was wearing the Egyptian aka Inca Gold Leaf suit for the May 26th dinner show.

Now that's interesting- have we got any photos of the suit ...?

I've only ever seen one Tahoe photo in the Inca suit, but as to which show its from, I've no idea. EP is wearing the 1973 Arabian belt as the purpose made belts for the new suits weren't ready.

Is the suit at Graceland on display I wonder ...?

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 pm

JRtherealJR on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:47 pm wrote:It would be interesting to know which jumpsuit Elvis was wearing at the May 26 Dinner Show when he introduces the Jackson 5.

If anyone has the Sue McCasland book "World's Best Kept Secret" does it shed any light on which suit was worn?

I suppose without a newspaper review of this particular show where they might have mentioned the design of Elvis' jumpsuit, it's impossible to be sure.

Can you please tell me where you have this information from? (17th)

There are many photos from the 26th ds in the Sue McCasland book....not great quality, but ok. Inca suit with original belt.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 pm

noone on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:04 pm wrote:
JRtherealJR on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:47 pm wrote:It would be interesting to know which jumpsuit Elvis was wearing at the May 26 Dinner Show when he introduces the Jackson 5.

Can you please tell me where you have this information from? (17th)

There are many photos from the 26th ds in the Sue McCasland book....not great quality, but ok. Inca suit with original belt.

Amazing to see the photos. Looks like Elvis is holding teddy bear gifted from an audience member maybe? Bottom left, second image ...

IMG_20171113_195106_hdr_kindlephoto-22183218.jpg

e9d5b2ca1a2c54d4e90f0dbd588f7118.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 am

Very good review here - http://www.elvisinfonet.com/ftd_review_ ... oe_74.html

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:46 am

a mess of polk salad on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 pm wrote:Very good review here - http://www.elvisinfonet.com/ftd_review_ ... oe_74.html

Thanks for the review link!

"Soundboard super-collector Geoffrey McDonnell" has written detailed rundowns of 1970s tours on FECC, too:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/downunder.html

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:31 am

drjohncarpenter on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 am wrote:
a mess of polk salad on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 pm wrote:Very good review here - http://www.elvisinfonet.com/ftd_review_ ... oe_74.html

Thanks for the review link!

"Soundboard super-collector Geoffrey McDonnell" has written detailed rundowns of 1970s tours on FECC, too:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/downunder.html

He has also written some fine articles for Francesc Lopez's Elvis Presley In Concert.
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/real/songstours.htm

Luckily for me, Geoffrey McDonnell is now a regular contributor to Elvis Information Network.

He has a lot of energy and is willing to examine Elvis' concerts in detail, and find good points even in 1976!
If anyone drives me to listen more to Elvis 1976 it is both Cisco - and Geoff!
>>
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/ftd_review_ ... _1976.html

Cheers
Piers

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:36 am

:wink: :wink: well i bet then he'll be enjoying the next FTD batch then of 2 x 1976 concerts!~ :wink: :roll: :P

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:41 am

YDKM on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 pm wrote::wink: :wink: well i bet then he'll be enjoying the next FTD batch then of 2 x 1976 concerts!~ :wink: :roll: :P

Of course he will!

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:25 am

a mess of polk salad on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:55 am wrote:
goldbelt on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:15 am wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:48 pm wrote:
Here's a contemporaneous review of the May 1974 Tahoe gig, and how the year before was far more awful than some here will ever admit:

center stage
By FOSTER CHURCH

So how is Elvis this time? After last year at the Sahara Tahoe when the King was sick and looked barely able to hoist his guitar one wondered if he wasn't over the hill. Well, he's 100 per cent improved, looking good (although still a few pounds overweight) and apparently in good spirits and humor. As if to prove his good mood, he'll give an extra third show for his last night at 3 a.m. (that's the morning of May 27).

Elvis at 39 doesn't take himself very seriously, mocking his own sexy image and kidding the gaggles of females who still stream to the stage, hoping to snatch a scarf or a kiss. They say Elvis gives out some two dozen scarfs at every show. Some are on his neck for only a second before devout Elvis worshippers pull them away.

As if an Elvis visitation wasn't enough, the Sahara Tahoe also had to cope with a rumor opening night. It is said that a San Francisco radio station got the "scoop" that Elvis had been taken ill and that (you guessed it) Prank Sinatra would sub for him.

Reno Gazette-Journal - Friday, May 24, 1974
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/150758044/

Note also how the journalist notes that Elvis is doing "an extra third show for his last night." He understands the 3am show is part of the same business day as the first two given on May 26. This is how such extra performances were categorized.

Note how the journalist also understands that the "extra third show for his last night" required further qualification by adding "(that's the morning of May 27)".

It is perfectly obvious that a 3am show on the 27th is part of the same nights work that began with the shows on the 26th, but that the correct date for the 3am show should be the 27th.

a mess of polk salad wrote:Thank you very much doc --- Last Tango In Tahoe (Fort Baxter) features the 26th 3.00 am show ...A fine concert. Hopefully it may get a FTD release ...

The 3am show took place on the 27th (not the 26th), and was also previously released on volume 2 of the excellent 'Profile' boxes. The last 4 tracks were taken from a different show.

Following your comment, I gave some of the tracks from the 3am show a listen and it seems it's actually a pretty good show. :smt023

Wasn't going to bother with the new FTD shows, if you had to rate the available soundboards for the season, where would you place the new shows in terms of entertainment?

The 3.00 am show - 'Last Tango In Tahoe' is a favourite of mine ...the new release 'Tahoe '74' doesn't offer any real surprises but both shows are solid. I've been trying to pick my favourite of the two but both are equally entertaining . The Jackson Five intro is sincere and nice to hear, plus 'Help Me Make It Through The Night' --and Lisa Marie's introduction are nice. I like 'See See Rider' & 'I Got A Woman', 'Love Me' & 'Fever' from this show too...there not dynamic, but nice to hear and solid!

CD-1 - Of course a beautiful 'I'll Remember You' - 'Heartbreak Hotel' are of note - Elvis introduces himself as Pat Boone, and says he's gonna sing some Pat Boone songs ...but the sound is very good with the orchestra very punchy...that's one reason I'd like the 3.00am show released because FTDs version would be an improvement on what we have, by quite a stretch ...obviously a future release; one that could be a good addition to a FTD Tahoe book,they haven't done one! So both shows on the new FTD release offer quite an entertaining experience ...

I'd just like to add that I've recently revisted these two fine concert releases by FTD and do prefer them over the new Murfeesboro FTD 2-CD release ....the sound has less treble and is well balanced. Being dinner shows there perhaps more relaxed .

And two of my favourites due to the Jackson 5 intro and information found by Dr John C ...which was totally fascinating as was the whole Tahoe period ...the concerts have a certain charisma about them... 8)

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:35 am

a mess of polk salad on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:25 pm wrote:I'd just like to add that I've recently revisted these two fine concert releases by FTD and do prefer them over the new Murfeesboro FTD 2-CD release ....the sound has less treble and is well balanced. Being dinner shows there perhaps more relaxed .

And two of my favourites due to the Jackson 5 intro and information found by Dr John C ...which was totally fascinating as was the whole Tahoe period ...the concerts have a certain charisma about them... 8)

There is no denying the magic of “The Lake of the Sky.”

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:59 am

Certainly doc. Plus the 'lift' story ...and Harrah's related info. The shows are both interesting and professionally performed . Cheers Doc .