Best wishes Doc!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, drjohncarpenter, Site Mechanic

Topic author
RDM
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Best wishes Doc!

Post by RDM »

I came here to wish you happy holidays and saw that Stevenson had beat me to it! :D
I don't want to tromp on his thread so here goes: Happy Holidays Doc! I have picked up so much Elvis info from your posts. I've read dozens of books but still gain knowledge from your input.
The highest compliment I can pay you is this, you are a true student of the game! That term is kicked around in regard to other endeavors but it definitely applies to you. I don't see how you keep up with all the info mentally but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth as they say! My retention pales in comparison. Teacher meet student!

Some people just simply know what they know, no room for BS! I'm not a kiss-up but facts are facts.
Correcting false info is a much needed activity in some cases. At times I've had a different take on a given topic but that doesn't put aside the core facts you present. There are times when I wish you'd write a book but I think the "realtime" input is even better and more needed here.

I will probably be accused of pandering so I'll end for now. I am sincere about what I've written and apologize to none.

Please keep doing what you do! Best wishes to you and yours in this holiday season!

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Best wishes Doc!

Post by drjohncarpenter »

RDM wrote:I came here to wish you happy holidays and saw that Stevenson had beat me to it! :D
I don't want to tromp on his thread so here goes: Happy Holidays Doc! I have picked up so much Elvis info from your posts. I've read dozens of books but still gain knowledge from your input.
The highest compliment I can pay you is this, you are a true student of the game! That term is kicked around in regard to other endeavors but it definitely applies to you. I don't see how you keep up with all the info mentally but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth as they say! My retention pales in comparison. Teacher meet student!

Some people just simply know what they know, no room for BS! I'm not a kiss-up but facts are facts.
Correcting false info is a much needed activity in some cases. At times I've had a different take on a given topic but that doesn't put aside the core facts you present. There are times when I wish you'd write a book but I think the "realtime" input is even better and more needed here.

I will probably be accused of pandering so I'll end for now. I am sincere about what I've written and apologize to none.

Please keep doing what you do! Best wishes to you and yours in this holiday season!
Oh my goodness. Your words are so very kind, and most certainly appreciated. The miracle of the internet means fans can share their feelings about the greatest singer of the 20th century from every and any perspective. This forum is special because of every good member's input, and we have them from all over the world. Elvis would have been amused, and amazed. If anything I offer has increased your affection for his fascinating and unforgettable career, I'm flattered and humbled.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Best wishes Doc!

Post by jurasic1968 »

Sorry I am late but I wish you, Doc, all the best and a Happy New Year. What you have done for us, the fans, all these years is unbelievable. Are you sure, like Elvis sang in Viva Las Vegas, that the day for you is not 40 hours more?