How long have you been 79 years old?

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, drjohncarpenter, Site Mechanic

Topic author
shiatsujake
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

How long have you been 79 years old?

Post by shiatsujake »

I was looking back at some old posts and you were 79 years old then.You must be at least 90 by now.If so,i can only admire your online vigour, vitality,clarity and stamina.Arthritis of the fingers is usually a problem at this age.Or is all your messaging voice activated? You have a very sharp mind,is this down to vitamin supplements,or the adrenaline rush involved in having to answer dumb ass questions like this! Jake PS.I love you really :D

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: How long have you been 79 years old?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

shiatsujake wrote:I was looking back at some old posts and you were 79 years old then.You must be at least 90 by now.If so,i can only admire your online vigour, vitality,clarity and stamina.Arthritis of the fingers is usually a problem at this age.Or is all your messaging voice activated? You have a very sharp mind,is this down to vitamin supplements,or the adrenaline rush involved in having to answer dumb ass questions like this! Jake PS.I love you really :D

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

skabillyrebels
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by skabillyrebels »

vitamin E :lol: :)

Topic author
shiatsujake
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Post by shiatsujake »

Well,there would be multivitamins as supplements,pain killers and anti inflammatories for arthritis and general pain.If the pain is persistent,then maybe sleeping tablets to help with disturbed sleep......Hang on, this is starting to sound familiar.Jake :facep:

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 8 months
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
shiatsujake wrote:I was looking back at some old posts and you were 79 years old then.You must be at least 90 by now.If so,i can only admire your online vigour, vitality,clarity and stamina.Arthritis of the fingers is usually a problem at this age.Or is all your messaging voice activated? You have a very sharp mind,is this down to vitamin supplements,or the adrenaline rush involved in having to answer dumb ass questions like this! Jake PS.I love you really :D

L O L :lol:

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Post by vinelvis »

rlj4ep wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

L O L :lol:
:smt003

promiseland
Registered for: 13 years

Post by promiseland »

The avatar information will always be up-to-date regardless of how old the topics are. So to answer your question he is really 79 right now, in fact he just received his Clapper, his Hoveround , and "Help I'm Fallen And I Cant Get Up" button.

Elvis Fan Forever
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by Elvis Fan Forever »

drjohncarpenter on Sun May 10, 2015 9:08 pm wrote:

did You see Elvis in a concert

drjohncarpenter

Elvis Fan Forever on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:41 am wrote:

I’ve seen Elvis in many concerts.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Elvis Fan Forever

drjohncarpenter on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:09 pm wrote:

woooow cool :-)

Elvis Fan Forever

Elvis Fan Forever on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:39 pm wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:09 pm wrote:

woooow cool :-)
George Klwin once said something like that: "You have seen Elvis on video and You heard his songs, but that is nothing like when You have seen him in a concert."

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Elvis Fan Forever on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:41 pm wrote: George Klwin once said something like that: "You have seen Elvis on video and You heard his songs, but that is nothing like when You have seen him in a concert."
That statement is so true. Having attended a number of Elvis concerts throughout the 1970's, I can testify that there is nothing like being there watching Elvis perform and hearing his magnificent voice in person. TV and videos are good, but nothing like being in that arena.

rlj

Elvis Fan Forever

rlj4ep on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:46 am wrote:
Elvis Fan Forever on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:41 pm wrote: George Klwin once said something like that: "You have seen Elvis on video and You heard his songs, but that is nothing like when You have seen him in a concert."
That statement is so true. Having attended a number of Elvis concerts throughout the 1970's, I can testify that there is nothing like being there watching Elvis perform and hearing his magnificent voice in person. TV and videos are good, but nothing like being in that arena.

rlj
I have seen many, many concerts from other performers, so I can only imagine how great it must have been to see Elvis in a concert. Was it not Sammy Davis Jr. that said something like that when Elvis was in a room You could feel the Aura he had.

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Elvis Fan Forever on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:53 am wrote:

rlj
I have seen many, many concerts from other performers, so I can only imagine how great it must have been to see Elvis in a concert. Was it not Sammy Davis Jr. that said something like that when Elvis was in a room You could feel the Aura he had.

I'm not sure about that particular quote you cite, but it sounds like something which Sammy would say. He really appreciated Elvis.
I have had the privilege of seeing many (and meeting a good number) of stars over the years, both country and rock, and even Hollywood. When Elvis entered the area/stage, it was like no other show or entertainer I've experienced. In that sense he was truly one of a kind. His charisma, even in his later years was like no other. When Elvis entered the stage there was an explosion of emotion and feeling which is almost impossible to describe with words. It was an experience..., try though they may and I am grateful for each one I have, live recordings don't come close to capturing what it was like seeing Elvis come on to the stage and spending time with him.

rlj

Elvis Fan Forever

rlj4ep on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:42 am wrote:
Elvis Fan Forever on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:53 am wrote:

rlj

I'm not sure about that particular quote you cite, but it sounds like something which Sammy would say. He really appreciated Elvis.
I have had the privilege of seeing many (and meeting a good number) of stars over the years, both country and rock, and even Hollywood. When Elvis entered the area/stage, it was like no other show or entertainer I've experienced. In that sense he was truly one of a kind. His charisma, even in his later years was like no other. When Elvis entered the stage there was an explosion of emotion and feeling which is almost impossible to describe with words. It was an experience..., try though they may and I am grateful for each one I have, live recordings don't come close to capturing what it was like seeing Elvis come on to the stage and spending time with him.

rlj

ZDF Doku Elvis Die Frühen Jahre 1980
with Sammy Davis Jr. and many others a great one

drjohncarpenter

Elvis Fan Forever on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:32 am wrote:
There are some interesting clips in this August 1980 German TV production, but no documentary may be called "great" that gives ample screen time to Paul Lichter.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Elvis Fan Forever

drjohncarpenter on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:36 pm wrote:
There are some interesting clips in this August 1980 German TV production, but no documentary may be called "great" that gives ample screen time to Paul Lichter.
For me at that time this documentary was great.
What is this? Why some people here don`t like Paul Lichter?
I met Paul Lichter some times and he was very nice to me.
He was staying at the same hotel as me and gave me some books extra cheap.
But, the highlight for me in this documentary is Sammy Davis Jr.
He have so many good things to say about Elvis.

drjohncarpenter

Elvis Fan Forever on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:01 pm wrote:
There is so much wrong with your reply that I will leave it to others to explain the problems with Paul Lichter.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Elvis Fan Forever

drjohncarpenter on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:56 pm wrote:
Elvis Fan Forever on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:01 pm wrote:
There is so much wrong with your reply that I will leave it to others to explain the problems with Paul Lichter.
I am just telling You how I met him. He was very friendly. Back in the 1990`s I think it was.
But however You must have Your reason.
And the reason why I posted this documentary, because of Sammy Davis Jr.
and because it was one the first great documentary I did see on TV back than about Elvis.
It was made very nice, not negative.
I hope You like the other parts of it. :wink: