Re: Feb 1963 Benefit Show --> Very Mysterious!

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:34 am

Wow, very interesting! We can only imagine how a '63 show would be... In my sincere opinion, "King Of The Whole Wide World" would be great as the last song in the setlist. Closing the show with that saxophone solo and the band going wild would be an awesome moment!

Thanks once again, Doc!

Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:34 am

billyblues wrote:Wow, very interesting! We can only imagine how a '63 show would be... In my sincere opinion, "King Of The Whole Wide World" would be great as the last song in the setlist. Closing the show with that saxophone solo and the band going wild would be an awesome moment!

Thanks once again, Doc!

Pleasure's mine! Your choice for set closer is cool, but one suspects Elvis would still have closed down the night with "Hound Dog."

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 pm

As a follow-up to Dr. John Carpentars' interesting article that appeared in the Spokane, Washington newspaper - here is a photo of Elvis giving $50,000 (fifty $1000 checks to various charities) in Los Angeles during filming of It Happened At The World's Fair. With Elvis, is Vernon and Mark King, Executive Assistant to Mayor Henry Loeb, who flew out to Los Angeles for the event. According to Guralnick's and Ernst's book, Elvis - Day By Day this was 11/08/62. However, the book mistakenly indicates that Mayor Loeb flew out for the event, he couldn't make it, but sent his assistant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.