Re: Billy Graham Tried --> Interview with "Change" Director

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:49 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
mrbthebarber wrote:John, can I just remind you of how on my posting of

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52793

you quickly jumped on me with

It might be nice to include where you lifted this transcription from:

when I HAD infact already done so & you went further to add a link where you THOUGHT I had lifted it from. So can I, in a friendly manner, suggest that perhaps you should have done the same here??

Um, I did.

The Elvis World Japan direct page link is contained at the very top of my post:

As for the post you reference, this is how I "jumped all over you":

It might be nice to include where you lifted this transcription from:

Scotty Moore - Old Articles
http://www.scottymoore.net/articles.html

The site owner, JamesVRoy, is a member of FECC, too.

I like James' site very much, and I was sticking up for him. What a jerk I am.

And you fail to note my apology, which puts my initial reaction in greater context:

No offense intended. There's been a rash of pages copied without attribution lately.

This is the direct URL for your posting:

ARCHIVES 1955
http://www.memphispressscimitar.com/ARCHIVES_1955.html

Thanks.

Not really what I, & other posters saw as an apology :wink: but that matters little to me as my comments on that post proved. I'm most certain your link wasn't there as I searched the article because I felt it unusual so some post editing maybe! If it was, then my apologies back at ya.

"jumped all over you", not my words, a misquote which seeing that you are always a stickler for detail, I will raise :lol:

HOWEVER, I don't set out to get into wars on here as said earlier, and won't be drawn into one with people I generally admire. So back to the important subject matter. Do you or anyone else not also find the greasy hair comments a little odd or have I just got my professional anorak head on ??? :wink:

What a shame that Elvis wasn't allowed, by Parker, to work more with people that really cared & wanted to hone Elvis' acting talent.

Have a good day all.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:50 am

mrbthebarber wrote:I'm most certain your link wasn't there ...

Again, you are mistaken. As a matter of fact, it is plainly evident I make a very deliberate effort to include links to almost everything I reference in any topic that I create. Thank you.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks for posting that interview; I really enjoyed it. I wasn't aware that the director changed Elvis's hair for the movie. Some people find it ridiculous that people ask questions about hair, etc. But I find little items like that to be very interesting. So, I suppose it was Billy who inspired Elvis to change his hairstyle for the long haul. If I'm not mistaken, in "The Trouble With Girls," Elvis had the larger sideburns, but the hair was still the same as before. After "Change of Habit," I don't recall it being slicked back anymore.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:05 am

showfan wrote:Thanks for posting that interview; I really enjoyed it. I wasn't aware that the director changed Elvis's hair for the movie. Some people find it ridiculous that people ask questions about hair, etc. But I find little items like that to be very interesting. So, I suppose it was Billy who inspired Elvis to change his hairstyle for the long haul. If I'm not mistaken, in "The Trouble With Girls," Elvis had the larger sideburns, but the hair was still the same as before. After "Change of Habit," I don't recall it being slicked back anymore.

Yes!