Re: "Flaming Star" --> The Birth of Elvis Bootlegs?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Fascinating reading! Thank you, Doc.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:58 am

jeanno wrote:Fascinating reading! Thank you, Doc.

Thank you so much, jeanno!

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:38 am

Here's a two-page RCA trade ad for the newest Presley disc, which incorporates two from the "Flaming Star" soundtrack.

Billboard Apr 10 1961 p36-37.JPG
Billboard - April 10, 1961
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:56 am

Thanks for the thread!
The first time I got the RCA EP, I was surprised and fascinated that is was not a 45rpm.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:31 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:We had the compact 33 issue in NZ but I undrestand that it was never released in the UK and fans there had to wait till 1968.

Is this correct?

Not quite, we had a long wait for the song "Flaming Star" but it was finally released in the UK on the LP "Flaming Star and Summer Kisses" in 1965. Sadly, the track was released with a mastering fault, the intro was clipped.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:03 pm

Tony C wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:We had the compact 33 issue in NZ but I undrestand that it was never released in the UK and fans there had to wait till 1968.

Is this correct?

Not quite, we had a long wait for the song "Flaming Star" but it was finally released in the UK on the LP "Flaming Star and Summer Kisses" in 1965. Sadly, the track was released with a mastering fault, the intro was clipped.

Did you pick up the FTD "deluxe" edition of Flaming Star? It's wonderful.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:35 pm

I realize that I'm late to the party, but let me say thanks, DOC. An interesting article and good read.
I remain fascinated by the incredible amount of "bootleg" releases "from Elvis" over the years. Even today it's as if people (us included I suspect), that just can't get enough of Elvis. It's interesting to read how these type of releases go back so far. Good find. Thanks again.

rlj

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:24 pm

rlj4ep wrote:I realize that I'm late to the party, but let me say thanks, DOC. An interesting article and good read.
I remain fascinated by the incredible amount of "bootleg" releases "from Elvis" over the years. Even today it's as if people (us included I suspect), that just can't get enough of Elvis. It's interesting to read how these type of releases go back so far. Good find. Thanks again.

rlj

I am so glad you enjoyed this topic. This is what FECC is all about.

::rocks