Re: Richard Mainegra --> Not Your Typical Elvis Songwriter !

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:27 am

[quote=There are many fascinating Elvis stories yet to tell -- more pieces of the puzzle![/quote]

Nice Doc!

I first joined this forum several years ago, joined again recently and have found your posts to be not only insightful and enjoyable but while browsing your 'old' posts and jogging my memory its made me smile. There is truly nothing better than being a fan of EP and continuing down that road of sharing stories, thoughts and opinions of him. The effort of your posts are appreciated..

All the best
Julian

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:35 am

Julian Grant wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:There are many fascinating Elvis stories yet to tell -- more pieces of the puzzle!

Nice Doc!

I first joined this forum several years ago, joined again recently and have found your posts to be not only insightful and enjoyable but while browsing your 'old' posts and jogging my memory its made me smile. There is truly nothing better than being a fan of EP and continuing down that road of sharing stories, thoughts and opinions of him. The effort of your posts are appreciated..

All the best
Julian

Julian, thank you so much for the kind words. You make it all worthwhile.

If there's one thing that should be clear from my contributions to this forum, is that I am, and always will be, fascinated with Elvis Presley, the man and his music.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:28 am

Hello!

I'm thrilled to be a new member to Elvis-Collectors! I've been a fan of Elvis since the late 50's as a kid. I'm just popping in to say "Hi" to everyone and to invite you to visit the "Goin' to Graceland" category on my almost 11 yr. old website at the link below. Visiting Graceland and Memphis is a must for every avid Elvis fan. As an adult, I've collected so many things, and read many books; however, my trip to Memphis was unforgettably awesome!

http://www.ashleighaustin.com/graceland.html

You may also be interested in the "Separate Ways" Page 3 of "Goin' to Graceland" that features a very special personal friend, since High School days, Richard Mainegra, who co-wrote the song with Red West for Elvis. I will be adding other memorabilia to the page that features the song in the future. You may also be interested in the new book released last year titled "Memphis Boys: The Story of American Studios" by Roben Jones. She did a fantastic job of researching the many songwriters who got their start at the studio in Memphis. Richard was one of them.

http://www.ashleighaustin.com/separate_ways.html

Feel free to LINK to any page on my website; however, as a writer (as well as the "Can I post images?" rule in the Guidelines), I ask that you do not "lift" copyrighted material and personal photos. All photos are my own, or have been personally given to me, to share with visitors to my site. Thank you for your consideration; and I hope you enjoy, and possibly learn some interesting facts to share with others.

Sincerely,
Last edited by TupeloHoneyBee on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:20 am

Like all your posts. Very interesting and insightful! Thank you Doc!

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:41 am

Great topic. Thank's Doc.

I love reading about people who contributed to the story of Elvis Presley because they played parts that were just as important as Elvis'.

The success of Elvis Presley really was a team effort and it's nice to hear their stories after all these years.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Juan Luis wrote:Like all your posts. Very interesting and insightful! Thank you Doc!

You are most welcome, JL!

Val wrote:Great topic. Thank's Doc.

I love reading about people who contributed to the story of Elvis Presley because they played parts that were just as important as Elvis'.

The success of Elvis Presley really was a team effort and it's nice to hear their stories after all these years.

So glad you enjoyed it.

Note: the topic has been completely revised, and all the better for it.

::rocks

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:08 pm

It is topics like this one that made me sign up to this forum. Excellent.

Daylon.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:21 pm

daylon wrote:It is topics like this one that made me sign up to this forum. Excellent.

Daylon.

Thanks, Daylon! Do a search, you'll find many just like this one.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Thank you Doc,

I,ve been reading a lot of the old posts, i always thought i knew a lot about elvis until i discovered this place!

I was into him when i was younger, reading a lot of books ,buying the music etc,and then i seemed to lose interest in him a little ,but more and more over the last few years i,m back to where i was buying the cd,s ,books etc again.
excellent site.

Daylon.