Re: CBS-TV 1977 Graceland Poolside Interview --> Proof At La

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:35 am

norrie wrote:... The Doc has provided an article that alludes that an interview exists.Whether it's a journalistic error or not is the question but the topic got us all interested and the article whether true or not at least gives us hope that there might be something on tape.

norrie, a breath of fresh air -- and on-topic! Thank you.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
norrie wrote:... The Doc has provided an article that alludes that an interview exists.Whether it's a journalistic error or not is the question but the topic got us all interested and the article whether true or not at least gives us hope that there might be something on tape.

norrie, a breath of fresh air -- and on-topic! Thank you.

Your welcome Doc,and thank you.

norrie

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:06 am

I get a little tired of the "If it existed, we'd have had it by now" or "If it existed we'd have heard about it by now". This was the argument given when I mentioned the multiple try outs that Elvis did at Stax of "We Had It All".

I know for certain that Ernst had 2 hours of Jailhouse Rock outtakes a year before the Jailhouse Rock FTD was announced. He said he was waiting for the right time to announce it.

Who'd have thought 10 years ago that all the outtakes and studio rehearsals for TTWII and On Tour would be floating around among collectors or have been the subject of an FTD release?

McCartney fans will be aware of the 45 (Wing's roadie Trevor Jones) cassettes sold off 12 years ago just coming onto the bootleg circuit and causing great excitement among fans.

I still wait for further exciting Elvis developments and releases with baited breath. There are, take my word for it, still goodies in the pot.

Phil
Last edited by acmeruya on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:33 am

Didn't we get excerpts of those JR outtakes very quickly after they were located, on releases such as Close Up and Flashback?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:13 am

Frankie Teardrop wrote:Didn't we get excerpts of those JR outtakes very quickly after they were located, on releases such as Close Up and Flashback?

That's true.

But the main issue remains that there is more to be seen, and heard.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:26 am

Imagine if the pool interview turned up, and was conducted by Peter Noone!

PN: It's nice here, near the pool, isn't it?
EP: Yeah

PN: Do you come out here when its hot?
EP: Yeah, sometimes

PN: What about when it's cold? Y'know, like in the winter?
EP: We stay inside...

PN: You've got a lot of grass here. Do you cut it all yourself?
EP: No, somebody does it for me. How're you doing anyway, Peter?

PN: Sorry I have no idea what you're asking me. You confuse me with your accent:

MEMPHIS MAFIA: YESSIR!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Imagine if the pool interview turned up, and was conducted by Peter Noone!

PN: Sorry I have no idea what you're asking me. You confuse me with your accent:

rotflmao

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:33 pm

unclefester wrote:Hi norrie.....always great to hear from you. The ambiguity of this thread has to be pointed out and discussed. The author of this thread has truly surprised many members here by offering two differing assesments of the supposed existence of this "interview" in the headline and opening post on page one. The author has done this........no one else. So are we not allowed to question the author about the confusion he has created? It would appear that the author performed an edit on the original headline....adding the ? Yet......page one....post one.....clearly shows the same headline with ! When the author is asked to explain which sentence is more correct he goes off topic....or at least will not acknowledge an obviously legitimate inquiry. And he will not ackowledge the purpose of his edit. For someone who presents himself as a stickler for facts.....an avid researcher and a go-to guy when it comes to Elvis..... answering and clarifying such a simple and legitimate inquiry would take a modest amount of time and effort....Strange eh?.......So norrie.....what do you think the problem is here? I have an idea but I'll let you got first............uf

Very well said. Also the author mentioned, the producers has been contacted. And what now? Just they have been contacted this also say the footage excist? Said it before, Linda Deutsch (who doesn't know her :roll: ) is the writer of this article. Nowhere is stated that producers say they filmed Elvis at Graceland.

But we keep hoping. Let's not forget folks, the producers has been conctacted.

unclefester, a breath of fresh air -- and on-topic! Thank you.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:40 am

Lonely Summer wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Imagine if the pool interview turned up, and was conducted by Peter Noone!

rotflmao

Yes - Peter was certainly a very talented interviewer... :smt002

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 am

unclefester wrote:Hi norrie.....always great to hear from you. The ambiguity of this thread has to be pointed out and discussed. The author of this thread has truly surprised many members here by offering two differing assesments of the supposed existence of this "interview" in the headline and opening post on page one. The author has done this........no one else. So are we not allowed to question the author about the confusion he has created? It would appear that the author performed an edit on the original headline....adding the ? Yet......page one....post one.....clearly shows the same headline with ! When the author is asked to explain which sentence is more correct he goes off topic....or at least will not acknowledge an obviously legitimate inquiry. And he will not ackowledge the purpose of his edit. For someone who presents himself as a stickler for facts.....an avid researcher and a go-to guy when it comes to Elvis..... answering and clarifying such a simple and legitimate inquiry would take a modest amount of time and effort....Strange eh?.......So norrie.....what do you think the problem is here? I have an idea but I'll let you got first............uf

I personally think anyone not recognising the tongue-in-cheek nature of the thread is a wee bit slow.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:42 am

Well, maybe Annette Wolf (writer CBS Elvis in Concert special) has some recollections on this subject - she apperently lives in her birthplace of Copenhagen, Denmark. Maybe one of our Danish members can help out on this one! See for some details http://www.writers.ns.ca/Writers/awolf.html and http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1214298/

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 am

Alexander wrote:Well, maybe Annette Wolf (writer CBS Elvis in Concert special) has some recollections on this subject - she apperently lives in her birthplace of Copenhagen, Denmark.

Maybe one of our Danish members can help out on this one!

See for some details http://www.writers.ns.ca/Writers/awolf.html and http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1214298/

In that first link, Annett Wolf, more recently a director and Hollywood publicist (Naomi Judd, Patrick Swayze), may be simply conflating her work for CBS-TV's 1977 special, "Elvis In Concert."

Wolf was possibly the person who did the filmed fan interviews outside of Lincoln's Pershing Memorial Auditorium on June 20, and the Vernon Presley chat on June 22.

If she had actually met and spoken with Elvis, let alone got a filmed interview -- perhaps at the Graceland poolside -- one might hope it would merit a tiny mention in her 2005 (Danish) autobiography, not to mention found some use in the post-August 1977 world.

Ulven Og Glasøjet [The Wolf and the Glass Eye: Autobiography] (Denmark: Aschehoug Press, 2005)

Does anyone have this book?

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:55 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Frankie Teardrop wrote:Didn't we get excerpts of those JR outtakes very quickly after they were located, on releases such as Close Up and Flashback?

That's true.

I could have told you back in 2000 that they were going to have the outtakes from "Jailhouse Rock", "Elvis, That's The Way It Is", "Viva Las Vegas", and "Elvis On Tour." The purpose of Ernst getting involved in "Elvis, That's The Way It Is - Special Edition" was to acquire missing session, rehearsal and live outtakes that BMG / RCA was missing entirely or better quality / more complete tapes from the Elvis MGM films. This just wasn't a deal for "That's The Way It Is" material. It was a deal for other material from other films too.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:40 am

8) Well if an interview does exist,it would be amazing to see and hear!!!!! Thank-you for at least giving us hope that there may be something out there!!!!! 8)

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:25 am

Daryl wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

That's true.

I could have told you back in 2000 that they were going to have the outtakes from "Jailhouse Rock", "Elvis, That's The Way It Is", "Viva Las Vegas", and "Elvis On Tour." The purpose of Ernst getting involved in "Elvis, That's The Way It Is - Special Edition" was to acquire missing session, rehearsal and live outtakes that BMG / RCA was missing entirely or better quality / more complete tapes from the Elvis MGM films. This just wasn't a deal for "That's The Way It Is" material. It was a deal for other material from other films too.

Sorry, Daryl. The stereo outtakes for Jailhouse Rock (2 hours worth that I referred to in my posting) had not been located in 2000. Don't confuse the odd take or two on Close Up and Flashback with the session rolls discovered only recently.

Phil

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:04 am

Well, we should not rule anything out. Remember when the interview from the EOT outtakes came a few years ago. It was not heard of before and it had been in the vaults for more than thirty years. There may be outtakes from EIC that we don´t know of. I find it unlikely that anyone was allowed to interview Elvis in 1977 and especially at Graceland, but it is not impossible.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:59 am

samses wrote:Well, we should not rule anything out.

I totally agree!

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 pm

It is time for someone to stand up and seek out a definitive answer from the remaining members of the CBS team who were assigned to the EIC project.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:54 am

I have just talked to Priscila and she confirmed that the interview in Graceland (near the pool) does exist. And that is exactly the unreleased footage that will be show in the US theaters with EOT.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:52 am

Renan wrote:I have just talked to Priscila and she confirmed that the interview in Graceland (near the pool) does exist. And that is exactly the unreleased footage that will be show in the US theaters with EOT.

:lol:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:49 am

Renan wrote:I have just talked to Priscila and she confirmed that the interview in Graceland (near the pool) does exist. And that is exactly the unreleased footage that will be show in the US theaters with EOT.

and i just talked to santa claus and he told me that he was the camera man for the interview..

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:05 am

People will believe in anything :roll:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:06 am

joshferrell wrote:

and i just talked to santa claus and he told me that he was the camera man for the interview..

Did also loan Elvis his belt?

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:07 am

midnightx wrote:
joshferrell wrote:

Did also loan Elvis his belt?

he did..

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Well, if you guys don't believe me, wait for the screening of EOT on theaters. :D