Re: CBS-TV 1977 Graceland Poolside Interview --> Proof At La

Sun May 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Simon1 wrote:There is still some backstage footage to be seen, Elvis and entourage coming in and out of cars/airplanes and the like, but that's it.

The Lincoln show being filmed is just hogwash.

That's exactly what I was thinking, as the lady was insisting the concert itself was filmed, and that she possessed proof. I was sitting on her living room couch. Was I gonna call her a liar?

Sun May 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Maybe Elvis was in New York at the time on a mission for new material... :smt002

Mon May 24, 2010 12:26 am

epf wrote:
3577 wrote:
epf wrote:Are you talking about all the footage that was shown in the special? Or about the thank you message from Vernon?

No, partial. It's been said, videotaped in a hotelroom too.

The segment during CHIL? That was taped on June 22nd 1977. Look at 2m53s.

phpBB [video]

The footage starting from 4:17 on appears to have been filmed at Graceland sometime during the summer before Elvis died. When excatly would be interesting to know. Gary Smith did not mention this footage in his email at all.

Mon May 24, 2010 12:47 am

After reading again. The newspaper article merely mentions the alleged footage, but note that the writer of the article is the one who made this mention, not the producers of the film. And nowhere in the article do the producers mention this at-Graceland footage, which certainly would have been worthy of at least a passing comment since it would be a big draw for the film.

To my knowledge, there has never been any mention of this alleged footage in any biographies or day-to-day accounts, and there would have been no reason to hide the footage. I mean, Graceland/EPE keep the CBS film under wraps, and will likely never release it, so why would they hide that, an interview took place? Doesn't make sense.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:25 am

monkboughtlunch wrote:Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ah22MTz_g

The Vernon at Graceland taping is circa Sept 1977 (the voice over says a few days ago; the broadcast was in early Oct?)? The exterior shot of Vernon and interior shot in the office booth look to be videotaped, not filmed.

And they also videotaped Vernon in June 1977 in Omaha, hotel room?

June 1977 - film
September 1977 - videotape

Mon May 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Marko wrote:
epf wrote:
3577 wrote:
epf wrote:Are you talking about all the footage that was shown in the special? Or about the thank you message from Vernon?

No, partial. It's been said, videotaped in a hotelroom too.

The segment during CHIL? That was taped on June 22nd 1977. Look at 2m53s.

phpBB [video]

The footage starting from 4:17 on appears to have been filmed at Graceland sometime during the summer before Elvis died. When excatly would be interesting to know. Gary Smith did not mention this footage in his email at all.

You are absolutely right, Marko.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:56 am

TJ wrote:Cool find, but a shame that the significant part is from the reporter's commentary, rather than a direct quote from Smith. It's quite possible that Smith mentioned filming at the mansion and the reporter wrongly assumed he meant with Elvis there.

KiwiAlan wrote:No proof whatsoever...in fact the reverse!
If there was an interview at Graceland...let alone pool side.
CBS NEWS would have used it on August 16!
Instead of having an interview with Vernon when the show was screened doncha think they would have used Elvis.
The headline to this thread is so wrong.

I totally agree with both of you, sadly... I wish it was true.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:32 am

epf wrote:You are absolutely right, Marko.

Marko makes some delicious observations!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:56 am

Keep posting please Uncle Fester, I'm enjoying the view

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:11 am

JimmyCool wrote:I totally agree with both of you, sadly... I wish it was true.

Well, maybe it is true!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:13 am

unclefester wrote:Hi Doc.....sure hope you are enjoying your holiday.....can you tell me is it....."proof at last!"......or is it....."proof at last?"........both are most prominent in your thread.... ......one in your headline.....the other in your initial post on page one.......can it be both?!.........should members here simply flip a coin?!......... can you guide us in the right and proper direction here?!.........counting on you here as always.......just curious...............uf

LOL

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 am

rickeap wrote:Keep posting please Uncle Fester, I'm enjoying the view

I wish Unclefester would butt out! :wink:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 am

Joe Car wrote:I wish Unclefester would butt out! :wink:

Don't we all?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:32 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:I wish Unclefester would butt out! :wink:

Don't we all?

I know, he's cracking me! :wink: :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:36 am

Joe Car wrote:
rickeap wrote:Keep posting please Uncle Fester, I'm enjoying the view

I wish Unclefester would butt out! :wink:

You can rely on old Uncle Fester to get to the bottom of things !

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:02 am

I'm not sure if this has been noticed but if you look at the video stream at around 4.25 you can see the blooms on the shrubs which are typical of late spring/early summer.
Highly doubt this was post August 16th video.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:13 am

Just a thought. After they release "Elvis on tour" on DVD, that will be the almost end of it for releases.

All the movies will have been out.
The first two specials are out.

The early tv shows and the last TV special will be it.

The poolside interview will change everything we ever knew about Elvis

and it will go down in history as the best interview with the king of rocknroll, ever. I hope.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:22 am

yes that footage during the Vernon interview is interesting in that its certainly filmed in a 'summer period' the clip showing between 4:17+4:55 on the video however as we know the interview with Vernon was filmed on 22nd(i think it was ) and 'summer' footage at graceland could have been filmed anytime from june onwards the footage ALONE won't confirm anything

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:16 am

It might please some to know that one of the CBS-TV producers, someone who really knows what went on back then, has been contacted.

And we wait wait wait wait.......

Still no answer from the contacted producer. Maybe affraid to admit it never took place?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:20 am

ekenee wrote:Just a thought. After they release "Elvis on tour" on DVD, that will be the almost end of it for releases.

All the movies will have been out.
The first two specials are out.

The early tv shows and the last TV special will be it.

The poolside interview will change everything we ever knew about Elvis

and it will go down in history as the best interview with the king of rocknroll, ever. I hope.

All is not lost...........we should be able to buy them all again on BD :D

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:46 am

YDKM wrote:yes that footage during the Vernon interview is interesting in that its certainly filmed in a 'summer period' the clip showing between 4:17+4:55 on the video however as we know the interview with Vernon was filmed on 22nd(i think it was ) and 'summer' footage at graceland could have been filmed anytime from june onwards the footage ALONE won't confirm anything

There is definitely MORE to this story!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:47 am

unclefester wrote:Well jeez Doc how about letting us in on the "more" to the story. Please don't be so cryptic........this code business of yours (!!??) and mixed message thing is causing me great strain.
Are you planning on coming clean in my lifetime??............uf

Err.............................. depends when you are planning on dying.........................

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:57 am

ColinB wrote:... depends when you are planning on dying.........................

Any time you plan to add more than tired one-liners to this topic, please let us know.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:06 am

unclefester wrote:Hey ColinB.....the website..... Deathclock.com...... says I'm outta here in 2028....so tell the Doc to hurry the heck up will ya....guess you'll have to expand your post.....Henny Youngman was the king of the one-liners.....and you're no Henny Youngman Mr. ColinB!!.....get with it will ya.....before you expire too.............uf

Your avatar isn't doing my blood pressure any good, either................................

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:17 am

unclefester wrote:Greetings Doc......I wanted to bump this back up before it vanished to page 2. We wouldn't want that now.....would we? I would like to ask you about your headline.......... it shows a question mark(?).......which I think you added by edit several days after the initial posting. But when we get to your first thread in the post we don't see a question mark but we do see a large....(ya can't miss it)........one of these....!.......So my question is this.....which is more correct..............."proof at last?".................or "proof at last!"......I think each utterence clearly suggests a difference.....can you take a moment and help me undertand which sentence I am supposed to put stock in?.......just curious...........Thanks..........uf

Question mark or not the fact is The Doc has provided an article that alludes that an interview exists.Whether it's a journalistic
error or not is the question but the topic got us all intersted and the artice whether true or not at least gives us hope that
there might be something on tape.

norrie