Re: CBS-TV 1977 Graceland Poolside Interview --> Proof At La

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:Isn't this the full quote;

"In all, the crew ... filmed the superstar at his mansion, Graceland, while the blinds were pulled and he was sleeping" :wink:

Ha ha, I hope you're wrong.

It might please some to know that one of the CBS-TV producers, someone who really knows what went on back then, has been contacted.

Any chance we might hear about those producers this century?

Tick, tock, tick, tock..............we're waiting.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:51 pm

years before his death, i had a short (20 minutes or so) conversation with Dwight Hemion about EIC 1977 tv special. i specifically asked him about unused footage from the special and what was still unseen by the public.
here's what he said:
the complete Rapid City show.
the complete Omaha show.
Elvis presented with award from indian tribe
Vernon interviewed at Graceland.
shots and comments of fans and exteriors of various venues.
elvis disembarking from his jet in Indianapolis and accepts record award.
roadies preparing the sound system for Elvis' concert.
elvis backstage during 2001 theme
elvis arrives by car and going to dressing room.
elvis standing at the fence at Graceland and petting and feeding his horses

this is everything that Hemion told me.
there is no poolside interview mentioned and i'm sure if one was filmed it would have been a rare thing for elvis to be interviewed in 1977 and Hemion would have remembered it vividly.
The only thing on this list that hasn't ever been mentioned by anyone is the footage of elvis standing at the fence feeding his horses.Has anyone ever heard of THIS piece of footage before???

:?:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 pm

So, if the CBS crew did go up the Graceland over the summer, all they caught of Elvis was a shot of him feeding and petting horses? Did they do this at 3AM when Elvis would have been awake - because Elvis wouldn't have made himself availabe during the day just so the cameras could get footage of him with horses? If Hemion did make this statement, perhaps he was thinking of Vernon or some other lackey on the grounds.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:16 pm

Not wanting to crash your story, I'm sure he told you this, but I have to agree, I can't see Elvis coming out at day time petting and feeding his horses. It couldn't sound more unlike Elvis. Perhaps he was indeed thinking of Vernon, who indeed can be seen petting a horse.

Cheers,
Simon

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:35 am

Did Elvis and friends only go horse riding in the dark.

How bizarre

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:41 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Did Elvis and friends only go horse riding in the dark. How bizarre

You'll be surprised what pills can do!

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:53 am

well if this thing exists maybe at Elvis 100th anniversary (from his death), after everyhting else has been reissued for the millionth time we might seee it!!

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:42 am

I can visualize Presley repeating, "...I exercise everyday, I vocalise everday....practice, if I'm working, orrr, or not. So I just try and stay in shape....." wearing his jogging suit, sweating furiously, leaning on his cane! Man, that guy had everything. It just wasn't enough :cry:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:02 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:I can visualize Presley repeating, "...I exercise everyday, I vocalise everday....practice, if I'm working, orrr, or not. So I just try and stay in shape....." wearing his jogging suit, sweating furiously, leaning on his cane! Man, that guy had everything. It just wasn't enough :cry:

Depression does not follow that rationale, sadly. That said, if he were to be approached from this angle, he would have only gotten into self-medication deeper as it did not tend to or cure his inner pain, but only intrinsically says: it is your own fault. Not the way to help someone suffering from depression, but a guaranteed reaction would be an increase in self-medication: to numb the anguishing voice of guilt. That, amongst other reasons, is why professional help was so badly needed in this stage of his life.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:07 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:I can visualize Presley repeating, "...I exercise everyday, I vocalise everday....practice, if I'm working, orrr, or not. So I just try and stay in shape....." wearing his jogging suit, sweating furiously, leaning on his cane! Man, that guy had everything. It just wasn't enough :cry:

I can see your point if you are talking about Ronaldo. When he played for Manchester United, he had everything... the best manager in British football history, youth, fabulous wealth, his pick of beautiful women, fast cars, the respect of people wherever he went, fabulous healthcare provision and, the ultimate "everything"... walking out in front of 78000 worshiping fans every other week. Amazingly, all that wasn't enough.

In comparison, because Elvis was so mis-managed by Parker, he would never have a hope in hell of "having everything" and oh how it tore him apart.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:09 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:Did Elvis and friends only go horse riding in the dark.

How bizarre

There are photos that prove otherwise....................

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:15 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:Did Elvis and friends only go horse riding in the dark. How bizarre

ColinB wrote:There are photos that prove otherwise....................

Well saddle up, partner, and upload them (if you have them?)! If not, then just give us the sordid details ie. date :smt023

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:25 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:

ColinB wrote:There are photos that prove otherwise....................

Well saddle up, partner, and upload them (if you have them?)! If not, then just give us the sordid details ie. date :smt023

I don't have any !

But you must have seen the photos of him riding around the Graceland grounds in broad daylight, same as I have !

Late entry:

Ah - I've found these:

Elvis on Rising Sun.jpg
Elvis with horse in 50s.jpg

And not forgetting:

Elvis Rides.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Damn! Uh, I mean darn! There goes my theory! I thought Elvis was a vampire! A fat, bloated, pill-popping vampire! Now I'm really depressed! Oh well, I've got my pills to ease the pain.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:06 pm

In the picture section (somewhere) there's a full set of Elvis at Graceland talking to the fans while he's out riding Rising Sun. He was out horse riding every chance he got I think.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:02 am

Supposedly, Elvis did not ride his Golden Palomino, Rising Sun, very much in 1976-77.

Rising Sun was a Golden Palomino American Quarter horse born in 1961.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Supposedly, Elvis did not ride his Golden Palomino, Rising Sun, very much in 1976-77.

Rising Sun was a Golden Palomino American Quarter horse born in 1961.

That's why he rode them at night in 76/77 . He was worried about elder abuse.

He didn't want anyone seeing him riding a geriatric horse one step away from the glue factory

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:41 am

What about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDXsNyNm ... re=related

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:52 pm

sanQ wrote:What about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDXsNyNm ... re=related

Man, that footage would make for a GREAT box set!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Man, that footage would make for a GREAT box set!

Blu-ray ?

Has anyone ever considered starting a thread about the CBS Special being released on DVD and Blu-ray?! smt179
I might be on to something!... or on something.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 pm

Did he not mention the footage of Elvis at home in that video?

Obviously everyone knows about the Final Curtain.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:16 am

Do you know ANYONE with everything that is satisfied? If it's money they're after, they always want more,; if it's fame, they always want MORE attention; women? well, there's always another bimbo out there to replace the whore you're with; drugs? well, if marijuana doesn't turn you on anymore, you can try cocaine; if one or two uppers don't get you up anymore, try 3 or 4, or hell, just take the whole damn bottle.