Re: Peter Guralnick: The Complete Sun Sessions (RCA 1987)

Thu May 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Just as with recent upgrades (RCA Legacy; FTD; imports); this was a great step-up from the previous set and if nothing else got the music in more hands and Guralnick was at least part of the success of the 2-LP set.

That was a great year for Elvis fans - RCA really made '87 a year to remember.
With all due respect , Joe, why quote Karpenter's very long post? It's tedious to scroll through twice with nothing gained...

It is similarly tedious to scroll through the dozen or so large album covers in your signature :)

Sat May 21, 2011 6:29 am

bquick wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Just as with recent upgrades (RCA Legacy; FTD; imports); this was a great step-up from the previous set and if nothing else got the music in more hands and Guralnick was at least part of the success of the 2-LP set.

That was a great year for Elvis fans - RCA really made '87 a year to remember.
With all due respect , Joe, why quote Karpenter's very long post? It's tedious to scroll through twice with nothing gained...

It is similarly tedious to scroll through the dozen or so large album covers in your signature :)

+1

Tue May 24, 2011 1:22 am

Sorry gents, I'll cut it down. I haven't had time to return here as often as usual.

But since you're basically a newbie around here, B', it's a bit rich that you give such free advice since joining last November. :lol: I purposely do not include my sig on all posts (usually not more than once per thread page) and admit this one (since edited) got too long.

The more chronic problem on this forum (besides general over-posting) is the over-quoting as noted and I say that as a big supporter of Joe Car who I find very agreeable . ::rocks

Tue May 24, 2011 2:51 am

I think I am very agreeable, and the advice is only free once. I'll send you a bill next time :)
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Sorry gents, I'll cut it down. I haven't had time to return here as often as usual.

But since you're basically a newbie around here, B', it's a bit rich that you give such free advice since joining last November. :lol: I purposely do not include my sig on all posts (usually not more than once per thread page) and admit this one (since edited) got too long.

The more chronic problem on this forum (besides general over-posting) is the over-quoting as noted and I say that as a big supporter of Joe Car who I find very agreeable . ::rocks

Tue May 24, 2011 3:26 am

Blue Moon

Richard Rogers and Lorenz Hart first wrote the music togethe but with different lyrics and the song was titled "The Bad in Every Man and was featured in the 1934 film Manhattan Melodrama.

phpBB [video]

Footnote: Manhattan Melodrama was the last film seen by John Dillinger before he was gunned down outside the theatre.