Re: Elvis - "Living Stereo" 45 RPM Releases

Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:15 am

Hey,Doc,do you own these??
If so,my hat is off to you.After the Sun singles,these are my most sought after records!
A true collector/fan!

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:39 am

jbnva58 wrote:Hey,Doc,do you own these??
If so,my hat is off to you.After the Sun singles,these are my most sought after records!
A true collector/fan!

Not all of them.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:54 am

Wasn't "Charro" released in stereo? Not the "Memories" side, just the "Charro" side.

Daryl

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Dead right, Daryl. My copy of the original Charro 45 is stereo, and the Memories side mono.

Penny

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Penny wrote:Dead right, Daryl. My copy of the original Charro 45 is stereo, and the Memories side mono.

Penny

Interesting you revive a 2 year-old topic to make this comment.

What is your prior login here?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Penny wrote:Dead right, Daryl. My copy of the original Charro 45 is stereo, and the Memories side mono.

Penny

Interesting you revive a 2 year-old topic to make this comment.

What is your prior login here?

I dont know if this applies to Penny but this situation with previous login/ people who have left and returning under different names is tiresome and nothing to do with Elvis Presley. Note to Moderators: I.P. addresses baby!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:42 pm

RCA released the first stereo EP's on July 1, 1958. Here's a Billboard article from June 30,1958:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:30 am

Note the date on the Billboard article above......then consider why on earth were the Nashville June sessions were not recorded in stereo

Perhaps they were :!:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:39 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Note the date on the Billboard article above......then consider why on earth were the Nashville June sessions were not recorded in stereo

Perhaps they were :!:

Because RCA Nashville didn't have Stereo recording equipment built-in until 1959 I believe.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:32 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
stranger wrote:In Germany ...

Your input is appreciated, but this topic is meant to discuss STEREO U.S. singles.

The topic says clearly "Elvis - Linving Stereo 45 RPM Releases". The fact that you started out with mentioning US releases only does not make it US exclusively in my opinion. It is not up to you to decide what can and cannot be discussed with a thread and it is clear to me that you do not appreciate the input at all. Well, I do appreciate Strangers input since the German catalogue in general is far more interesting than the US catalogue.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Alexander wrote:the German catalogue in general is far more interesting than the US catalogue.

I agree ! :smt023