Re: Dayton Burr "Bones" Howe --> Thank YOU !

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:09 am

KiwiAlan wrote:It is so sad that the June '58 session was not recorded in stereo.

Howe was an L.A. engineer and took no part in the June 1958 RCA Nashville session. The studio was not likely set up for stereo back then in any case.

Re: Dayton Burr "Bones" Howe --> Thank YOU !

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:54 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:It is so sad that the June '58 session was not recorded in stereo.

Howe was an L.A. engineer and took no part in the June 1958 RCA Nashville session. The studio was not likely set up for stereo back then in any case.


Is this some new game to keep your name up in lights.

Recycling your own posts with no new information of any value.

For the record I know very well who Bones Howe was, as you well know, I was merely following up your regret that the opportunity was lost to record in stereo on more than one instance.

Re: Dayton Burr "Bones" Howe --> Thank YOU !

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:40 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Is this some new game to keep your name up in lights.

First of all, if you're doing to post pejoratives, start using a question mark when it's a query.

Secondly, this related topic which I contributed to was created yesterday:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66789

This topic was part of my research for that one, and I decided to respond to your facetious contribution while I was revisiting it.

Now, go and make a positive contribution to this forum. I know you can do it, if you try.

Re: Dayton Burr "Bones" Howe --> Thank YOU !

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks Doc.

Re: Dayton Burr "Bones" Howe --> Thank YOU !

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:Is this some new game to keep your name up in lights.

First of all, if you're doing to post pejoratives, start using a question mark when it's a query.

Secondly, this related topic which I contributed to was created yesterday:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66789

This topic was part of my research for that one, and I decided to respond to your facetious contribution while I was revisiting it.

Now, go and make a positive contribution to this forum. I know you can do it, if you try.



Yeah right. I can't wait for your next recycle post :D

Re: Dayton Burr "Bones" Howe --> Thank YOU !

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Dixieland Rocks wrote:Thanks Doc.

The pleasure is mine. Nothing pleases me more than to generate a well-researched topic that gets hundreds or thousands of hits on FECC. It means people are reading, learning and enjoying!