Re: T-T-Talkin' About My Generation X --> 6-19-1977

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:54 am

If these shows were so "bad" (and too many where just that) the concept could not have continued. I am not sure you see my point. Alot of big stars/acts have vanished away because people do not attend their shows (the biggest money maker thing an artist can do). So, no matter what we might think about the shows today, back then they where good enough to just about fill any showroom...And that is my point. There was no need to change anything. People got what they wanted, or was satisfied with. If not, no one would have come...
Last edited by Scarre on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Scarre wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Call my discovery of the clips sharing a date as serendipitous if you must, I just felt it would make for an interesting, intelligent topic of discussion. And for some of us, it has been just that, so I thank you.

If that was the purpose of this topic, then I can see no "wrong" with it.

There is no "if." That was my purpose, and I have made it clear in my original post and again after that.

Fair enough.

Scarre wrote:I do wonder about your "two faces". On page 4 you accuse people for name-calling. But on that very same page you speak of "an idiot". Telling...

Read again, but this time do it with care. And I don't at all respect the "two faces" comment.

I accuse no-one in particular of name-calling, I make a general and factual observation:

drjohncarpenter wrote:Wow. Some interesting comments amongst the name-calling.

And on that same page I call no-one in particular an idiot, it is another general and factual observation.

I would greatly appreciate it if you stick to the facts in the future when making assessments.

Thanks!

::rocks

So, if I was to call people in general "idiots" it would not be name-caling? lol

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:14 am

Scarre wrote:So, if I was to call people in general "idiots" it would not be name-caling? lol

It would be name-calling if you directed such words towards someone in particular.

But as I have already made clear, my comment did not do that. My statement was general in nature. What part of "general in nature" do you not understand?

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:26 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Scarre wrote:So, if I was to call people in general "idiots" it would not be name-caling? lol

It would be name-calling if you directed such words towards someone in particular.

But as I have already made clear, my comment did not do that. My statement was general in nature. What part of "general in nature" do you not understand?

Should I call everyone an idiot (and I´m not) where you work without saying a specific name, would that not be name-calling? Of course it would.
If I would call people in general "idiots", would that not be name-calling? Of course it would. Please explain your point of view...Then again, perhaps not.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:31 am

Scarre wrote:If I would call people in general "idiots", would that not be name-calling?

Honestly, I have been as clear as can be on this. If you do not understand, I am sorry.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Scarre wrote:If I would call people in general "idiots", would that not be name-calling?

Honestly, I have been as clear as can be on this. If you do not understand, I am sorry.

Ok, I say the same about my comments, but lets leave it at that.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

When you say ''general in nature'' do you mean its applicable to the characteristic of the majority of individuals involved on this thread?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:46 am

billyblues wrote:
TCBAlways wrote:No you are not ,and neither am I . You are right , the offensive comments have gone too far on this and other threads.
The penis jokes or gangbang talk had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with me.

Yes, it has nothing to do with you and it wasn't what I meant. Don't worry. I just think that this topic reached an absolute low point and it's a shame. From the 8 pages we have I believe that not even half is worth. What could have been a legit discussion turned out to be 8 pages of jokes about penises, gangbang, unrelated and immature talk that totally derailed the topic, name calling and offensive comments towards other artists not named Elvis Presley.

If that's not a reason to be ashamed, I don't know what is.

well if you know anything at all you would know what the name ''midnightx'' means..heance penis gangbang and so on......just google the name yourself and you will see lol

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 am

Rizzy seems to have an unhealthy obsession with penis and gay sex -- perhaps there is a different kind of website/message board he should frequent.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:54 am

midnightx wrote:Rizzy seems to have an unhealthy obsession with penis and gay sex -- perhaps there is a different kind of website/message board he should frequent.

maybe eveyone should google your name here...what site's are youre's????

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:55 am

midnightx wrote:Rizzy seems to have an unhealthy obsession with penis and gay sex -- perhaps there is a different kind of website/message board he should frequent.

''Hint'' the X is agive away lol

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:59 am

Sorry my user name is such a turn-on for you.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:01 am

midnightx wrote:Sorry my user name is such a turn-on for you.

not for me but for others that like the X factor lol.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:03 am

midnightx wrote:Sorry my user name is such a turn-on for you.

why did you ever pick such a username then>??????

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:17 am

Midnight Caller [the NBC TV drama series] starring Gary Cole absolutely rocked in the late 80's.... :wink:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:25 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Midnight Caller [the NBC TV drama series] starring Gary Cole absolutely rocked in the late 80's.... :wink:

Never seen it but did it have that ''X'' factor?? :wink:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:09 am

rizzy56 wrote:well if you know anything at all you would know what the name ''midnightx'' means

I'm not sure if I "knew anything at all" about that it would contribute to anything in my life and knowledge. I mean, I don't see why I should waste my life and all I can learn by living with knowing what every filthy expression means. But then again...

rizzy56 wrote:..heance penis gangbang and so on......just google the name yourself and you will see lol

...Maybe even if I knew/know what it is for some reason, I'm sure that's a forum (and in specific, topic) about Elvis Presley and the "jokes" weren't even funny, mature and didn't contribute to this place. So yeah, maybe that's it. "Midnightx" or not, I'm sure this topic was about a different thing before all the stupidity began. No offense to anyone in special meant. Just generally speaking.