Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:46 pm

ColinB wrote:Clint Reno -

The Doc didn't say it was on TTWII.

He said it was on 'Thats The Way It Was' [sic].

The actual title is: 'The Way It Was'.

Hi Colin -

Oh you mean the FTD book and CD package<b> 'The Way It Was'</b> - ok appologies then my mistake - it was quite late when I posted that last night (it must have been the additional <b>'That's'</b> that threw me the curve ball).

In any event, I didn't realise the same 'The Wonder Of You' was on the FTD disc even though I do have it.

Thanks for the correction Colin.

Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:21 pm

Colin -

Give poor ol'Clint a break, he's doing the best that he can ...

God bless!

Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:51 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Colin -

Give poor ol'Clint a break, he's doing the best that he can ...

God bless!

DJC

How predictable !

<b>The Way It Was</b>

Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:20 pm

That's correct: I post, you read and -- sometimes -- learn.

God bless you, "Clint"!

Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:38 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:That's correct: I post, you read and -- sometimes -- learn.

God bless you, "Clint"!

There are other board members on this forum that make intellectual and informative posts <b>without</b> being a prat - you DJC would do well to read and learn from them !

My comment re the CD single might have been superfluous but I have already said I stand corrected on that and thanked Colin for the info.

Incidentally, Bobby TCB (in another thread) was correct in his assesment of the way you sign off posts such as your last one - it verges on offensive and is very tiresome - as are you.

Have a nice day 'DJC'

Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:58 pm

ClintReno wrote:My comment re the CD single might have been superfluous but I have already said I stand corrected on that and thanked Colin for the info.

And where do you think the info you were corrected on came from? And you choose to call me a "prat"!

May the good Lord Bless YOU anyway, "Clint"!

Re: ELVIS ARON PRESLEY: In-Line CDs, 1969-1977

Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:38 pm

Without a doubt a great overview, Doc.

Could you please check the following:

drjohncarpenter wrote:
08-11-70 DS
"I Got A Woman" TTWII 30TH

As far as I know we have "I Got A Woman" of 08-11-70 D/S in the movie TTWII SE. The version released on the 3cd set TTWII 30th Anniv. Ed. is also labeled is being 08-11-70 D/S, but it seems this is not true. Both versions sound different (easy to check right after 10 sec when El repeats "well i said i got a woman" for the first time). The movie version remains still unreleased (on audio disc). What we really have on the 3 cd set is most probably a version of "I Got A Woman" of 08-13-70 D/S.

Taniolo

Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:11 pm

Taniolo -

This is what I've got on "I Got A Woman":

11th Aug.'70 - DS - TTWII - SE - DVD/Video only - no audio release.

11th Aug.'70 - MS - 2001 4-CD Set: Live In Las Vegas

13th Aug.'70 - DS - 2000 3-CD Set: TTWII

Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:23 pm

ColinB wrote:Taniolo -

This is what I've got on "I Got A Woman":

11th Aug.'70 - DS - TTWII - SE - DVD/Video only - no audio release.

11th Aug.'70 - MS - 2001 4-CD Set: Live In Las Vegas

13th Aug.'70 - DS - 2000 3-CD Set: TTWII

That's exactly what I've meant, Colin!
Thanks!
Taniolo

Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:43 am

Taniolo wrote:What we really have on the 3 cd set is most probably a version of "I Got A Woman" of 08-13-70 D/S.

Duly noted and amended. It is correctly listed in the FTD book, "The Way It Was."

Thank you.

Re:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:50 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:....all the non-RCA in-line recordings have been issued in the past decade. The first came with Fort Baxter's Just Pretend in 1991 and there's been no looking back.

Incorrect, the first in-line 70's recording issued on CD was Hurt [Sunset] which features Elvis live in Charleston, WV on July 24 1976. The front cover, however, mistakenly ascribes the location and time as being from Hartford CT, June 28 1976, with the rear and disc itself noting Largo MD, June 28 1976 as the source.

Fort Baxter's superior sounding 'From The Master Tapes' release Just Pretend was second in line [pardon the pun].
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:10 pm

It would be nice if this 8-year old list would be updated, it's a handy tool in enjoying ones Elvis soundboard collection.

Hint. :wink:

Re: Re:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:40 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:....all the non-RCA in-line recordings have been issued in the past decade. The first came with Fort Baxter's Just Pretend in 1991 and there's been no looking back.

Incorrect, the first in-line 70's recording issued on CD was Hurt [Sunset] which features Elvis live in Charleston, WV on July 24 1976. The front cover, however, mistakenly ascribes the location and time as being from Hartford CT, June 28 1976, with the rear and disc itself noting Largo MD, June 28 1976 as the source.

Fort Baxter's superior sounding 'From The Master Tapes' release Just Pretend was second in line [pardon the pun].

I'm thinking the Doc is correct. I thought the Hurt CD came out later. I got it later.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:51 am

stevelecher wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

I'm thinking the Doc is correct. I thought the Hurt CD came out later. I got it later.

You may have got it later but it's pretty well known amongst Elvis CD aficionados as the first ever 70's soundboard release.

Here's some further evidence: http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/comp-charleston.htm Thanks !

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Excellent, detailed post. Thank you. ::rocks

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:50 am

stevelecher wrote:I'm thinking the Doc is correct. I thought the Hurt CD came out later. I got it later.

We are correct, he is mistaken.

1991 = Just Pretend
1992 = Hurt

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
stevelecher wrote:I'm thinking the Doc is correct. I thought the Hurt CD came out later. I got it later.

We are correct, he is mistaken.

1991 = Just Pretend
1992 = Hurt

You two are mistaken, I am correct.

Here's some further evidence to get your head around.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/H/hurt.htm

"This cd writes history as the FIRST soundboard concert ever released by a bootleger !"

::rocks

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:35 am

elvisalisellers wrote:You two are mistaken, I am correct.

What on earth possessed you to bump an 8 year old year thread - last contributed to in July 2003 - in order to try and "one up" another forum member?

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:39 am

Matthew wrote:

What on earth possessed you to bump an 8 year old year thread - last contributed to in July 2003 - in order to try and "one up" another forum member?

Who knows? But he needs to choose a better "target."

Just Pretend is the first in-line Presley "import" CD.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:44 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Here's some further evidence to get your head around.

"This cd writes history as the FIRST soundboard concert ever released by a bootleger !"

You do realise that the same website lists "Just Pretend" as 1991 and "Hurt" as 1992, right?

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:00 am

Matthew wrote:

You do realise that the same website lists "Just Pretend" as 1991 and "Hurt" as 1992, right?

He hasn't gotten his head around that yet.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:51 am

Matthew wrote:

It was said forum member who initiated the bumping up of an 8 year old thread, in this link:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63009 [Scroll 3 posts down].

So you may want to contact your fellow forum member and ask him what on earth possessed him to bump an 8 year old thread from July 2003.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to put you straight.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:

Who knows? But he needs to choose a better "target."

Just Pretend is the first in-line Presley "import" CD.

Relax man. There's really no need to feel insecure when someone points out that the information you provided is incorrect. Accept it and move on.
You yourself have corrected other members countless times on various topics, it's not a big issue nor do you need to feel that someone is targeting you.
It's just a message board where people can learn from one another. Cheers.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:23 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:

He hasn't gotten his head around that yet.

My Dear Fellows, whilst I admire your loyalty to one another, those years just indicate what was pressed onto the discs & covers at the time of manufacture. The fact remains Hurt proceded Just Pretend by a few months as the first soundboard ever issued. Again, for years it's been a well known fact amongst import CD aficionados.
I don't know how far back either of your knowledge of the magazine ELVIS: THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC goes, but it may be an idea to trace some issues from that time period to see which CD came first. It would be the third piece of evidence that I have provided to get your head around. Thanks !

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:36 pm

I still fail to see why you've bumped an 8 year old thread to bring the forum this breaking news. Why didn't you just start a new thread with this important information? I guess that wouldn't have benefited your game plan though. Care to reveal what your previous login name was?