Re: ELVIS ARON PRESLEY: In-Line CDs, 1969-1977

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Matthew wrote:I still fail to see why you've bumped an 8 year old thread to bring the forum this breaking news. Why didn't you just start a new thread with this important information? I guess that wouldn't have benefited your game plan though. Care to reveal what your previous login name was?

What ????!!!!
I provided you with a link that initiated the discussion that you were perplexed by. If you are not happy with that, there's really not much I can do about it.

Please do not bait me in chastising you.... I'm sorry, but I have never had a previous login name.
And again, there is no need to feel insecure when someone else comes along that may know a little more than you on certain topics. As the great man said there is room for everybody.

Re: Re:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:04 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:Here's some further evidence to get your head around.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/H/hurt.htm

"This cd writes history as the FIRST soundboard concert ever released by a bootleger !"

::rocks

You do realise that the same website lists "Just Pretend" as 1991 and "Hurt" as 1992, right?

He hasn't gotten his head around that yet.

My Dear Fellows, whilst I admire your loyalty to one another, those years just indicate what was pressed onto the discs & covers at the time of manufacture. The fact remains Hurt proceded Just Pretend by a few months as the first soundboard ever issued. Again, for years it's been a well known fact amongst import CD aficionados.
I don't know how far back either of your knowledge of the magazine ELVIS: THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC goes, but it may be an idea to trace some issues from that time period to see which CD came first. It would be the third piece of evidence that I have provided to get your head around. Thanks !

Just Pretend was reviewd in THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC No. 14 and Hurt in THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC No. 15. Both issues are from 1992.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Albert Goldman wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:Here's some further evidence to get your head around.

"This cd writes history as the FIRST soundboard concert ever released by a bootleger !"

You do realise that the same website lists "Just Pretend" as 1991 and "Hurt" as 1992, right?

He hasn't gotten his head around that yet.

My Dear Fellows, whilst I admire your loyalty to one another, those years just indicate what was pressed onto the discs & covers at the time of manufacture. The fact remains Hurt proceded Just Pretend by a few months as the first soundboard ever issued. Again, for years it's been a well known fact amongst import CD aficionados.
I don't know how far back either of your knowledge of the magazine ELVIS: THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC goes, but it may be an idea to trace some issues from that time period to see which CD came first. It would be the third piece of evidence that I have provided to get your head around. Thanks !

Just Pretend was reviewd in THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC No. 14 and Hurt in THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC No. 15. Both issues are from 1992.

I'll check that out - I don't have those issues to hand at the mo. It just proves that both were reviewed in the same year - 1992.

It may be an idea if Cisco wants to put the record straight on this topic.
Calling Cisco, Calling Cisco....

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:26 pm

My recollection was that Hurt was first and have always thought it was the first bootleg CD soundboard. It would be interesting to work out why many believe this if it is not the case.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:30 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:What ????!!!!

Don't play coy, you replied to a thread last contributed to 8 years ago for seemingly no other reason that to try an act clever. And it seems that you knowledge on the original subject does not appear to be solid.

elvisalisellers wrote:I have never had a previous login name.

I've read that before.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:My recollection was that Hurt was the first and have always thought it was the first bootleg CD soundboard. It would be interesting to work out why many believe this if it is not the case.

It would be interesting Jim....

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Matthew wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:What ????!!!!

Don't play coy, you replied to a thread last contributed to 8 years ago for seemingly no other reason that to try an act clever. And it seems that you knowledge on the original subject does not appear to be solid.

elvisalisellers wrote:I have never had a previous login name.

I've read that before.

There you go, baiting again. Are you related to DJC or something, as you act like his Lap Dog ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lap_dog

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:50 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:There you go, baiting again. Are you related to DJC or something, as you act like his Lap Dog ?

Mmhmm, thanks for confirming the suspicion. Have fun with your game - hopefully something opens up for you to make better use of your weekend, perhaps engaging with people not represented by digital code. :smt006

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:52 pm

First, the list is worthless, second, ''Hurt'' was the first bootleg containing audio from the soundboard. Ive purchased ''Hurt'' right away when it came out. The same with ''Just Pretend''. Wich came out, second.

The lost sheep of New Zealand called ''mat-hew'' please quit with the moronic questions about previous log-in names. Just admit you and your guru-fake-doctor are wrong. Again.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:55 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:

I'll check that out - I don't have those issues to hand at the mo. It just proves that both were reviewed in the same year - 1992.

It may be an idea if Cisco wants to put the record straight on this topic.
Calling Cisco, Calling Cisco....[/quote]

Yes, they were released side by side - no doubt about it. Hurt is reviewed by Howard Cockburn who is not sure if the muffeled recording is actually from the mixing desk. According to him, it's was only a rumour at the time.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Oh look, 3577 hot on the tails of any thread like this offering his valuable input. As for being wrong, the issue of what bootleg came out first is not one that I have an opinion on, it is certainly nothing I would bump an 8 year old thread over.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Matthew wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:There you go, baiting again. Are you related to DJC or something, as you act like his Lap Dog ?

Mmhmm, thanks for confirming the suspicion. Have fun with your game - hopefully something opens up for you to make better use of your weekend, perhaps engaging with people not represented by digital code. :smt006

Is it just me or are certain phrases of yours very similar to another forum member ?

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:03 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:Is it just me or are certain phrases of yours very similar to another forum member ?

Oh, didn't you know? I'm DJC and at least one other forum member, could be more - but I forget. Let me know when you figure it out for me... us... them.

I love the smell of Europe in the morning...

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Matthew wrote:Oh look, 3577 hot on the tails of any thread like this offering his valuable input. As for being wrong, the issue of what bootleg came out first is not one that I have an opinion on, it is certainly nothing I would bump an 8 year old thread over.

Actually, you should encourage the topic. It was made by your ''guru''.

The discussion now is , which one came out first. You dont have a opinion about that. Why participate? Oh, i know, the ''previous log-in name question''. Poor sheep.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:27 pm

So predictable.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:41 am

Albert Goldman wrote:Just Pretend was reviewd in THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC No. 14 and Hurt in THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC No. 15. Both issues are from 1992.

Thank you. Note that the issues were published three months apart, EMM is a quarterly magazine, which is yet more evidence to support my statement for the umpteenth time:

Just Pretend is the first in-line Elvis Presley "import" CD.

Thank you, friends.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:09 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:Just Pretend was reviewd in THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC No. 14 and Hurt in THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC No. 15. Both issues are from 1992.

Thank you. Note that the issues were published three months apart, EMM is a quarterly magazine, which is yet more evidence to support my statement for the umpteenth time:

Just Pretend is the first in-line Elvis Presley "import" CD.

Thank you, friends.

So the noted websites have it wrong then ? :roll: Thanks for that.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Whatever a magazine in what order published reviews on those two cd's, ''Hurt'' was released before ''Just Pretend''.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:27 pm

I don't know which was first and really don't care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:21 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:So the noted websites have it wrong then ?

You don't mention the "noted" sites, but if their information is incorrect that's nothing new.

Recall I was the first EVER to nail down the fact that RCA's reissue of the 1957 Christmas album was in November 1959, not November 1958, despite decades of magazines, books and websites stating the contrary.

Elvis' Christmas Album --> Mystery No More?
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51588

Enjoy the knowledge, which I share freely with everyone.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:12 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:So the noted websites have it wrong then ?

You don't mention the "noted" sites....

I did, but here they are again....

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/comp-charleston.htm

Sadly, you're knowledge on this occasion is lacking, despite it being free of charge.