Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery Now!

Moderators: Moderator1, Moderator2, drjohncarpenter

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby greystoke » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:48 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:Why did Elvis go to see all these MOR crooners?...Why didn't he go to see people like, The Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin etc...more exciting then going to see Nancy in Vegas. Like them, Elvis was a Rock'n'Roller...it might have reminded him of what it was all about, again.


I can't think of any good reason why Elvis shouldn't have gone to see Nancy Sinatra at Caesar's Palace. First of all, they were friends and she had seen him in concert previously. Nancy was also a popular and talented singer who was appearing at a highly prestigious venue. Furthermore, Elvis was friendly with her dad and could also enjoy the company of Tom Jones, Cary Grant, Fred Astaire and another good friend in Sammy Davis, Jr. Perhaps not at this particular show, but this was good company whom Elvis had kept on occasions when he still ventured out and had every reason to be optimistic about his own future. Conversely, would Elvis have actually enjoyed a Led Zeppelin, The Who or a Rolling Stones concert?!
Last edited by greystoke on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
greystoke
Offline
 
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 168 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby Juan Luis » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks Doc. Great research as always.
User avatar
Juan Luis
Offline
 
Posts: 8328
Age: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:16 am
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby drjohncarpenter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:03 am

greystoke wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:Why did Elvis go to see all these MOR crooners?...Why didn't he go to see people like, The Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin etc...more exciting then going to see Nancy in Vegas. Like them, Elvis was a Rock'n'Roller...it might have reminded him of what it was all about, again.


I can't think of any good reason why Elvis shouldn't have gone to see Nancy Sinatra at Caesar's Palace. First of all, they were friends and she had seen him in concert previously. Nancy was also a popular and talented singer who was appearing at a highly prestigious venue. Furthermore, Elvis was friendly with her dad and could also enjoy the company of Tom Jones, Cary Grant, Fred Astaire and another good friend in Sammy Davis, Jr. Perhaps not at this particular show, but this was good company whom Elvis had kept on occasions when he still ventured out and had every reason to be optimistic about his own future. Conversely, would Elvis have actually enjoyed a Led Zeppelin, The Who or a Rolling Stones concert?!


All great points. Plus, Elvis was in town at the International, rehearsing for his 8-10-1970 OS. Getting to the gig would be a 5-minute drive.

No doubt the hard rock represented by those examples would not have appealed to him. Had he attended a show, the band in question would have been beside themselves with excitement and fear. Elvis was still Elvis.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar
drjohncarpenter
Offline
 
Topic author
Posts: 62263
Age: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:04 am
Location: Cali
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 1540 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby drjohncarpenter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:03 am

Juan Luis wrote:Thanks Doc. Great research as always.


Thank you.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar
drjohncarpenter
Offline
 
Topic author
Posts: 62263
Age: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:04 am
Location: Cali
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 1540 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby steevefry » Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 pm

User avatar
steevefry
Offline
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:17 pm
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby drjohncarpenter » Sun May 26, 2013 1:45 am

steevefry wrote:
700806_at Caesars Palace.JPG


EBAY


Thanks, stevefry. On the eBay page it clearly reads:

3 Rare & Beautiful photos of Elvis Presley attending Nancy Sinatra's opening show at Caesar's Palace, August 6, 1970.


Rare & beautiful photos of Elvis Presley #R48
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Rare-beautiful-photos-of-Elvis-Presley-R48-/171046564399

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar
drjohncarpenter
Offline
 
Topic author
Posts: 62263
Age: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:04 am
Location: Cali
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 1540 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby tennesseegirl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Hello everyone,
Today I received the Elvis files number four magazine and inside are these great pictures.
A great topic and a great magazine :smt007
tennesseegirl
Offline
BANNED - Multiple Usernames. Same User as "Mr Whopitt"
BANNED - Multiple Usernames. Same User as "Mr Whopitt"
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:06 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby drjohncarpenter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:04 am

tennesseegirl wrote:Hello everyone,
Today I received the Elvis files number four magazine and inside are these great pictures.
A great topic and a great magazine :smt007


Do they credit the photos to the Nancy Sinatra's 8-06-1970 OS at Caesar's Palace?
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar
drjohncarpenter
Offline
 
Topic author
Posts: 62263
Age: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:04 am
Location: Cali
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 1540 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby tennesseegirl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:22 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
tennesseegirl wrote:Hello everyone,
Today I received the Elvis files number four magazine and inside are these great pictures.
A great topic and a great magazine :smt007


Do they credit the photos to the Nancy Sinatra's 8-06-1970 OS at Caesar's Palace?


Yes.
tennesseegirl
Offline
BANNED - Multiple Usernames. Same User as "Mr Whopitt"
BANNED - Multiple Usernames. Same User as "Mr Whopitt"
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:06 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby drjohncarpenter » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:35 am

tennesseegirl wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
tennesseegirl wrote:Hello everyone,
Today I received the Elvis files number four magazine and inside are these great pictures.
A great topic and a great magazine :smt007


Do they credit the photos to the Nancy Sinatra's 8-06-1970 OS at Caesar's Palace?


Yes.


Ah-ha!! Proof positive FECC is one of their "go-to" destinations!

Thanks.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar
drjohncarpenter
Offline
 
Topic author
Posts: 62263
Age: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:04 am
Location: Cali
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 1540 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby Mr Whopitt » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
tennesseegirl wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
tennesseegirl wrote:Hello everyone,
Today I received the Elvis files number four magazine and inside are these great pictures.
A great topic and a great magazine :smt007


Do they credit the photos to the Nancy Sinatra's 8-06-1970 OS at Caesar's Palace?


Yes.


Ah-ha!! Proof positive FECC is one of their "go-to" destinations!

Thanks.


Amongst MANY others, yes. :D
Mr Whopitt
Offline
 

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby drjohncarpenter » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:47 am

Mr Whopitt wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
tennesseegirl wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
tennesseegirl wrote:Hello everyone,
Today I received the Elvis files number four magazine and inside are these great pictures.
A great topic and a great magazine :smt007


Do they credit the photos to the Nancy Sinatra's 8-06-1970 OS at Caesar's Palace?


Yes.


Ah-ha!! Proof positive FECC is one of their "go-to" destinations!

Thanks.


Amongst MANY others, yes. :D


The others are, of course, a mistake.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar
drjohncarpenter
Offline
 
Topic author
Posts: 62263
Age: 78
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:04 am
Location: Cali
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 1540 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby paulsweeney » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:34 am

All (I think) photos have been added here, with credit given where credit is due ;-) ...and your 500th thumbs up Doc.

Attending Nancy Sinatra's opening show at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on August 6, 1970
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ug670.html
Take care,

Paul
Image
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ntral.html
http://www.elvicities.com/~paulsweeney/
http://www.elvisfiles.no/Elvisfiles.html

Image
Ernst Jorgensen, Paul Sweeney & Roger Semon in Memphis, TN August 16, 2012 (we all got the morning memo...wear a white shirt)
User avatar
paulsweeney
Offline
 
Posts: 3784
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:34 pm
Location: Canada & France
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby Elvis1970KING » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:25 am

i wonder if he went to see the basie orchestra
Elvis1970KING
Offline
Banned, COPPA Requires users to be at least 14 years old.
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby Elvis1970KING » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:25 am

i wonder if he went to see the basie orchestra
Elvis1970KING
Offline
Banned, COPPA Requires users to be at least 14 years old.
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby Winston » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:06 am

What should I say? It is the doc, great topic as always. ::rocks
User avatar
Winston
Offline
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery N

Postby thermoking » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:07 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:The program from Nancy Sinatra's August 6, 1970 debut shows even more reasons why Elvis would be there:


700806_Nancy Sinatra_Program.jpg
Nancy Sinatra, Caesar's Palace program, August 6, 1970


Note Billy Strange (guitar) and Hal Blaine (drums) prominently featured -- they were part of Nancy's band and had worked with her. Each were session pros who also worked with Elvis in West Hollywood, and Strange co-wrote songs with Mac Davis that Presley cut, and he produced a few sessions with Elvis in 1968 as well.

Thank you.


Is this also the show where one of the osmonds threw up on stage in front of Elvis?
User avatar
thermoking
Offline
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:24 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Previous

Return to Dr. John Carpenter's Clinic, 934 Washington Street

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests