Elvis Defeats Sex Pistols --> January 1978!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, drjohncarpenter, Site Mechanic

Elvis Fan Forever
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Re: Elvis Defeats Sex Pistols --> January 1978!

Post by Elvis Fan Forever »

Elvis Fan Forever on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:35 pm wrote:I always find so many things here on many topics than I get lost
If I did not do right, with writing here, than I am sorry and I won `t do it again.
Where is the topic?

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Elvis Fan Forever on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:29 pm wrote:
Elvis Fan Forever on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:35 pm wrote:I always find so many things here on many topics than I get lost
If I did not do right, with writing here, than I am sorry and I won `t do it again.
Where is the topic?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87288

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

E-Cat

Post by E-Cat »

Elvis, Punk and Art

I hope this is not off topic, but speaking of Elvis and punk I hope you find this interesting:

Early punk influencers like Iggy Pop, New York Dolls, Ramones were to some degree all inspired by Elvis. Many of them (including the Ramones, Blondie, existing members of the New York Dolls, Warhol, Lou Reed etc) have visited Graceland (see a few photos below).
After the Sex Pistols broke up, Sid Vicious and Nancy moved into the Chelsea Hotel in NYC (August 1978). Not long after (September ‘78), I saw Sid Vicious performing with other bandmembers (from the New York Dolls and the Clash) at Max’s Kansas City New York (the gathering and birthplace of glamrock and early punk). After hanging out at Max’s a few times, it was notable that many visitors of this club never spoke a bad word about Elvis.
Even Andy Warhol, who visited Max’s Kansas City New York daily, was inspired by Elvis. In 1963, Warhol used a publicity still of Flaming Star for his Tripple Elvis Silver Project. This painting was sold at Christie’s for approx US$ 82 million. In fact Bob Dylan liked the single version of this painting so much, that Andy Warhol gave one of his very few copies of this single painting to Bob. Later, he (Bob) gave the painting back to Andy Warhol, which Bob Dylan still regrets (the single painting was later sold for US$ 30 million).

EDIT 27 Febr: by mistake I wrote Pussicat Dolls, instead of the New York Dolls.This has now been adjusted

See photos below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by E-Cat on Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please do not thank me--- Thank Elvis for making THIS happen.

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

E-Cat wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:41 am
Elvis, Punk and Art

I hope this is not off topic, but speaking of Elvis and punk I hope you find this interesting:

Early punk influencers like Iggy Pop, New York Dolls, Ramones were to some degree all inspired by Elvis. Many of them (including the Ramones, Blondie, existing members of Pussycat Dolls, Warhol, Lou Reed etc) have visited Graceland (see a few photos below).
After the Sex Pistols broke up, Sid Vicious and Nancy moved into the Chelsea Hotel in NYC (August 1978). Not long after (September ‘78), I saw Sid Vicious performing with other bandmembers (from Pussycat Dolls and the Clash) at Max’s Kansas City New York (the gathering and birthplace of glamrock and early punk). After hanging out at Max’s a few times, it was notable that many visitors of this club never spoke a bad word about Elvis.
Even Andy Warhol, who visited Max’s Kansas City New York daily, was inspired by Elvis. In 1963, Warhol used a publicity still of Flaming Star for his Tripple Elvis Silver Project. This painting was sold at Christie’s for approx US$ 82 million. In fact Bob Dylan liked the single version of this painting so much, that Andy Warhol gave one of his very few copies of this single painting to Bob. Later, he (Bob) gave the painting back to Andy Warhol, which Bob Dylan still regrets (the single painting was later sold for US$ 30 million).

See photos below:
Blondie visits Graceland fir the 2nd time.png
The Ramones visiting Graceland in 1977.png
Tripple and Single Elvis Painting by Andy Warhol.jpeg

What a lovely addition to the topic and GREAT to see you here, it has been a while.

(I still play those CDs from that unissued compilation ... INTRUDERS!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

G.I. Blues
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by G.I. Blues »

GABBA GABBA HEY

Daddy has left the Wohnzimmer!
Thank You and Good Night!

E-Cat

Post by E-Cat »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:10 am

What a lovely addition to the topic and GREAT to see you here, it has been a while.

(I still play those CDs from that unissued compilation ... INTRUDERS!)
Hi John ! Yes, it sure has been a while. Nice to hear you still play one of my cd’s !
I sure will try to visit FECC a bit more often. Wish you all the very best for now!

E-Cat

Post by E-Cat »

Hello DJC, I made a few errors in my first post.

EDIT 27 Febr: by mistake I wrote Pussicat Dolls, instead of the New York Dolls.This has now been corrected in the original post

Here is another cool shot of one of the members of (early punk / glammer rock band) the New York Dolls wearing an Elvis T-shirt:

Johnny Thunders and Silvain Silvain
Los Angeles October 1974

D6E7F081-1986-4D4F-AB8A-D6BF7E3991B3.jpeg

G.I. Blues
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by G.I. Blues »

Sylvain died January 13, 2021

Daddy has left the Wohnzimmer!
Thank You and Good Night!

BobDylan
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by BobDylan »

Careful! Johnny Ramone was a die hard Republican and publicly praised President George W. Bush and the RNR HOF ceremony.

Some people can't separate politics from music.