Hotels addresses

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, drjohncarpenter, Site Mechanic

Topic author
argentelvis
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Hotels addresses

Post by argentelvis »

Hi Doc, I want to thank you again for your tracking me down the hotels Elvis stayed in Phily and San Francisco, as I´m planning to stay soon in some cities of Calif. and Tenn. need some help to visit Oakland (for my info, he stayed at the Hyatt in 1970) San Diego (don´t know where he stayed at in 70 and 73) and in Nashville he stayed at the South Sheraton on July 1st 1973 but don´t know the address where it was situated. Best regards and thank you anyway.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Hotels addresses

Post by drjohncarpenter »

argentelvis wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:37 pm
Hi Doc, I want to thank you again for your tracking me down the hotels Elvis stayed in Phily and San Francisco, as I´m planning to stay soon in some cities of Calif. and Tenn. need some help to visit Oakland (for my info, he stayed at the Hyatt in 1970) San Diego (don´t know where he stayed at in 70 and 73) and in Nashville he stayed at the South Sheraton on July 1st 1973 but don´t know the address where it was situated. Best regards and thank you anyway.

The current locales are pretty different all these years later, but it's still fun to imagine what it must have been like back then.

Was it the Daly City (November 1970) and Oakland (November 1972) area locations you wanted?

Cow Palace show, November 1970

Embassy Suites by Hilton, San Francisco Airport Waterfront
150 Anza Blvd, Burlingame, CA 94010
+1 650 342 4600
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/sfobges-embassy-suites-san-francisco-airport-waterfront/

Oakland Coliseum Arena show, November 1972

Hilton Oakland Airport
1 Hegenberger Rd., Oakland CA 94261
Phone: +1 510-635-5000
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/oakhihh-hilton-oakland-airport/
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
argentelvis

Post by argentelvis »

Hi Dr. and thanks for the quick response but those 2 arent´places where Elvis stayed. I was referring to the address of the old Hyatt in Oakland, don´t know what is occupying the place now and need to know also the address of the ex Sheraton South Hotel in Nashville and the Quality Court Motel also in Nashville. Best Regards.

drjohncarpenter

argentelvis wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:31 pm
Hi Dr. and thanks for the quick response but those 2 arent´places where Elvis stayed. I was referring to the address of the old Hyatt in Oakland, don´t know what is occupying the place now and need to know also the address of the ex Sheraton South Hotel in Nashville and the Quality Court Motel also in Nashville. Best Regards.

The first address is definitely the site of where Presley stayed in November 1970 (San Francisco).

Not quite sure what you're saying about November 1972 (Oakland).

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
argentelvis

Post by argentelvis »

But you told me b4 that the address was the Burlingame Hilton which -- by the way -- still stands in 2020. It is now called the Embassy Suites by Hilton, San Francisco Airport Waterfront, address is 150 Anza Blvd, Burlingame, CA 94010. So I´m a little confused now.

drjohncarpenter

argentelvis wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:38 pm
But you told me b4 that the address was the Burlingame Hilton which -- by the way -- still stands in 2020. It is now called the Embassy Suites by Hilton, San Francisco Airport Waterfront, address is 150 Anza Blvd, Burlingame, CA 94010. So I´m a little confused now.

That was reply from more than ten years ago ... when do you plan to travel to California?

Anyway, when you spoke about Hyatt Hotels I mixed locations up. Above post is now as close as I can figure to Elvis' long-ago lodgings. In general, he stayed in Hilton chain businesses when available, I'm sure Parker got all kinds of deals from that.

Here's more information on the Oakland visits in 1970 and 1972, including newspaper reports:

https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1817071#p1817071

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
argentelvis

Post by argentelvis »

Thank you for your contribution, Doctor.