ELVIS 1977

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, drjohncarpenter, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Elvis A. Presley
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

ELVIS 1977

Post by Elvis A. Presley »

Hello Doc,
First of all forgive my English.
What did exactly (??) do Elvis, after June 26, 1977 ?
I asked about it some some time ago here in the forum.
And someone said that Elvis went around a lot, even went to Vegas.
And that he was not the "dumbass" going around Graceland in his pajamas or the he DID not stay closed in his bedroom for 1 month and an half.
You (or someone else) has more information about this ?

Thanks for your help

Vincenzo, Milano, Italia

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: ELVIS 1977

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Elvis A. Presley on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:55 pm wrote:Hello Doc,
First of all forgive my English.
What did exactly (??) do Elvis, after June 26, 1977 ?
I asked about it some some time ago here in the forum.
And someone said that Elvis went around a lot, even went to Vegas.
And that he was not the "dumbass" going around Graceland in his pajamas or the he DID not stay closed in his bedroom for 1 month and an half.
You (or someone else) has more information about this ?

Thanks for your help

Vincenzo, Milano, Italia

His last six weeks are pretty much as described in the answers you got in the topic you posted in 2010:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=50816

The one mistake there is a claim he spent time in Las Vegas. This is not correct. What we know for certain is that most of July he just hung around the house in Memphis.

After that?

His daughter Lisa arrived on 7-31 (Sun) for a two-week visit. He and Ginger visited her mom on 8-06 (Sat). He rented out the Libertyland amusement park for the evening of 8-07 (Sun) into 8-08 (Mon), and watched some movies at a nearby cinema on 8-10 (Wed). He rode his motorcycles with Ginger, cousin Billy and his wife Jo, on 8-14 (Sun), and went to the dentist late on 8-15 (Mon), getting back home in the early hours of 8-16 (Tue).

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

elviscollector101 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:59 pm wrote:also went to the dentist on evening of 15th , played racquetball with Billy and Jo before having Billy wash his hair. It has been said Elvis did not bathe regular in the 77 years and would most;y wash his hair to the extent but I am not for sure, I was not there .
I mentioned this in my reply, the other stuff does not apply to what is asked in the OP.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

ptr1986
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by ptr1986 »

I´m sorry to revive this sad topic about period after Indianapolis show but I have one question. Did anybody ever determine the dates of his trip with the last Cadillac which can be found in Candid Central gallery under 1976/77 description? Is that true that those pictures were taken on 14th August 1977? Because then it would be possibly the best known "close-up" photo of him from very last period of his life (because pictures from 12th August with Ginger and Lisa and the last day are distant pictures). I dont know why, but his look at the very first picture seems just incredibly sad. :cry: According to weather, green surroundings and his clothing - it seems like spring or summer period, but it can be anything from April - August period.