Did Elvis attend Golden Globes or film premiers?

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, drjohncarpenter, Site Mechanic

Topic author
harris497
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Did Elvis attend Golden Globes or film premiers?

Post by harris497 »

I know Girls, Girls, Girls was nominated for a Golden Globe and Elvis on Tour won one...did Elvis attend the award ceremony? If not, why? Because it was maybe 'beneath' him?

Also, did his films have premiers or red carpet events like today? Did he attend them? What about his later films that he didn't like?

Not sure if you can answee but thanks anyway! Wasn't sure where to post! Thanks Doc!

Harrison

Grangemouth, Scotland

"Tell them I really love their devotion! We gotta come see them! We've been saying it for years but we will"
Elvis talking about people in UK

brian
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Re: Did Elvis attend Golden Globes or film premiers?

Post by brian »

Elvis never attended the golden globes. He personally was not nominated for any golden globe that was likely the reason he didn't attend. Robert Abel and Pierre Adidge were nominated as the producers of the movie. They won not Elvis and they went.

Topic author
harris497

Post by harris497 »

Ah I see. Thanks. Does anyone know about his film premiers?

Harrison

Grangemouth, Scotland

"Tell them I really love their devotion! We gotta come see them! We've been saying it for years but we will"

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

harris497 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:19 pm wrote:I know Girls, Girls, Girls was nominated for a Golden Globe and Elvis on Tour won one...did Elvis attend the award ceremony? If not, why? Because it was maybe 'beneath' him?

Also, did his films have premiers or red carpet events like today? Did he attend them? What about his later films that he didn't like?

Not sure if you can answee but thanks anyway! Wasn't sure where to post! Thanks Doc!
Elvis could not attend the 30th Golden Globe Awards at the Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles on 1-28-1973 because he was playing an engagement in Las Vegas.

That said, he had no known contempt for such events, in fact he was watching the broadcast of the 1973 ceremony in-between performances that night. He was thrilled when "Elvis On Tour" won the award, sharing it with another documentary.

But he never attended a Hollywood award ceremony, or Hollywood premieres of any of his films. And probably very few ever received the red carpet treatment.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
harris497

Post by harris497 »

Okay thanks very much!!

Harrison

Grangemouth, Scotland

lanadelslay
Registered for: 7 years

Post by lanadelslay »

I think he hated that type of stuff, premiers, award shows...