Re: From Elvis In Memphis: "And Now The Secret Is Out"

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:35 am

Deja Vu....Thanks John.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:26 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:
It's pretty neat to know that the huge photo depicts Scotty Moore and Elvis Presley -- without them, no rock 'n' roll.

Not true

Ever heard of Bill Haley,Platters, Little Richard and others to numerous to mention.

Very True the Platters werent R & R in my book
Elvis and Scotty totally Rocked

Elvis " 42 Forever "

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:
It's pretty neat to know that the huge photo depicts Scotty Moore and Elvis Presley -- without them, no rock 'n' roll.

Not true

Ever heard of Bill Haley,Platters, Little Richard and others to numerous to mention.

No disrespect meant, but DOC is so correct. Elvis' ability to create a presence on record and on stage coupled with Scotty's signature guitar playing are second to none. Elvis took the music to a brand new level while others played it relatively safe until Elvis. Elvis was the trailblazer and others followed the path he cut. The infamous quote by John Lennon fits at this point. I won't post it as I'm sure we all can recall it.

rlj

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:22 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:
elvisjock wrote:Elvis shares the "founding father" Rock and Roll with several people, but he will forever own "First Rock Star."

So the mobbing of Bill Haley in London was just an illusion?

The mobbing of Bill Haley in London took place in 1957. Elvis in voice, musical backing, hair style, clothes, stage presentation etc. was most definatly the "First Rock Star" as the world would come to know it.