FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Discussion of computer hardware and software.
Also feel free to discuss your audio/visual setups, or get help here!
Need help with computer hardware or software? Ask here!
Feel free to share and/or discuss "Freeware" or "Shareware" software here as well.

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

Forum rules
Discussion or posting of serials/cracks/keygens/etc as well as links to them will not be permitted.
Discussion of "Warez" or Pirated Software is not permitted.

 __ ___ _   _     __  _   _ ___            _   _    _ ___  _        _   
(_   | / \ |_)   (_  / \ |_  | \    / /\  |_) |_   |_) |  |_)  /\  / \_/
__)  | \_/ |     __) \_/ |   |  \/\/ /--\ | \ |_   |  _|_ | \ /--\ \_ | 

The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

The problem with not being logged in persists, and has done ever since I first mentioned it. Only on the phone, not on the laptop. Am I the only person with this problem?


User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

The Pirate wrote:The problem with not being logged in persists, and has done ever since I first mentioned it. Only on the phone, not on the laptop. Am I the only person with this problem?
Howdy,
I have gone over everything that I can think of that may cause this type of error, and everything looks to be in order. But, with that said, I will continue to keep an eye on this issue. For further debugging, is your phone and Android or IOS device?


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

Mister Moon

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by Mister Moon »

The Pirate wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:
elvislady1964 wrote:Hi
I logged in once this morning, when i went to post a topic i was asked to log in again, i went to do this and it came up RED telling me i had exceeded my log in attempts, i always have my name and password saved so only need to log in, question is has someone tried logging into my account? Or is this a clich.

Thanks
Jeanette
Thank you for the report!
It was a glitch with the "user sessions" table of the database. All should be well now.
For the last week or so, I've been having similar problems. Only on my Android phone, not the laptop. I go to the site and it never remembers that I'm logged in, so I log in again and then it's ok. I go to post something and it tells me I can't post unless I'm logged in... Etc, etc.
I have had the exact same problems myself for the last few days. Just a few minutes ago, it happened again.

Other than that, the site works ok for me.

Thanks in advance.



The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

fecc-mechanic wrote:
The Pirate wrote:The problem with not being logged in persists, and has done ever since I first mentioned it. Only on the phone, not on the laptop. Am I the only person with this problem?
Howdy,
I have gone over everything that I can think of that may cause this type of error, and everything looks to be in order. But, with that said, I will continue to keep an eye on this issue. For further debugging, is your phone and Android or IOS device?
I'm on Android. I think it does it on my Android tablet too, so it's nothing to do with a specific device.


User avatar

JimmyCool
Posts: 5314
Registered for: 14 years 9 months
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile
Mood:
Has thanked: 998 times
Been thanked: 1476 times

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by JimmyCool »

Mister Moon wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:
elvislady1964 wrote:Hi
I logged in once this morning, when i went to post a topic i was asked to log in again, i went to do this and it came up RED telling me i had exceeded my log in attempts, i always have my name and password saved so only need to log in, question is has someone tried logging into my account? Or is this a clich.

Thanks
Jeanette
Thank you for the report!
It was a glitch with the "user sessions" table of the database. All should be well now.
For the last week or so, I've been having similar problems. Only on my Android phone, not the laptop. I go to the site and it never remembers that I'm logged in, so I log in again and then it's ok. I go to post something and it tells me I can't post unless I'm logged in... Etc, etc.
I have had the exact same problems myself for the last few days. Just a few minutes ago, it happened again.

Other than that, the site works ok for me.

Thanks in advance.
Same here, only on my Android phone.


Note: This post is for readers of the FECC forum only. Permission to copy this post elsewhere is not granted.
User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Thanks for the reports. Knowing that this occurs on the Android platform only, for the most part - narrows down things a bit. Will update once I get this resolved.


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt
User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

I may have found an easy fix for it. Please let me know how it is on your end, @Mister Moon @The Pirate @JimmyCool


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

No change here, I'm afraid.


User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

The Pirate wrote:No change here, I'm afraid.
Did you clear cookies/cache? You'll still need to do that to flush the old "info" out that I updated. If not, give it a try :)


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

fecc-mechanic wrote:
The Pirate wrote:No change here, I'm afraid.
Did you clear cookies/cache? You'll still need to do that to flush the old "info" out that I updated. If not, give it a try :)
Thanks, I did actually remember to do that after I'd posted the last message, so it may sort it after all. I'm not on my phone now, so we'll see.



Mister Moon

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by Mister Moon »

fecc-mechanic wrote:I may have found an easy fix for it. Please let me know how it is on your end, @Mister Moon @The Pirate @JimmyCool
Everything ok right now.

Many thanks !



The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

Mister Moon wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:I may have found an easy fix for it. Please let me know how it is on your end, @Mister Moon @The Pirate @JimmyCool
Everything ok right now.

Many thanks !
Nope, just done it again. I went on to the main forum page, and I was already logged in. Fine so far. Then I clicked on the "All Elvis" section, the page came up, but I was logged out.


User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Hi, the pirate.
Stupid question - but, you are clicking the "keep me logged in" box when logging in, correct? Also, if I may ask what browser you are using, and extensions/plugins you are utilizing in said browser?


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

fecc-mechanic wrote:Hi, the pirate.
Stupid question - but, you are clicking the "keep me logged in" box when logging in, correct? Also, if I may ask what browser you are using, and extensions/plugins you are utilizing in said browser?
Today, I was already signed in when I opened up the forum page. All I was doing next was selecting a heading to view (All Elvis) and it then logged me out. But as a rule, yes, I tick the box. The browser is Chrome, and as I say it's on an Android phone, so I don't think there's any extensions or plugins. It's just the standard Google Chrome browser that comes with the phone.


User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Thank you, sir, for the info. One last question. Does your ip address change between sessions? For example, do you utilize your phone's cellular network, or WiFi? And if wifi, do you have a dynamic ip (changes frequently)?


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

fecc-mechanic wrote:Thank you, sir, for the info. One last question. Does your ip address change between sessions? For example, do you utilize your phone's cellular network, or WiFi? And if wifi, do you have a dynamic ip (changes frequently)?
In the past I've had the problem occur when I've been out and about, moving between mobile data and (various different) WiFi hotspots. At home I know that I don't have a static ip address (my provider doesn't use them), but I don't know how often it changes.

It's an inconvenience, rather than a major problem.


User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Just in case it was/is your "session" being invalidated by a new IP address - I've gone ahead and tweaked one of the settings. What it sounds like to me is that your IP changes, then the cookie stored (by ticking the "remember me" box) becomes invalid due to the new IP - effectively logging you out. Hopefully this new setting change I've just implemented will at least minimize this from occurring.


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

fecc-mechanic wrote:Just in case it was/is your "session" being invalidated by a new IP address - I've gone ahead and tweaked one of the settings. What it sounds like to me is that your IP changes, then the cookie stored (by ticking the "remember me" box) becomes invalid due to the new IP - effectively logging you out. Hopefully this new setting change I've just implemented will at least minimize this from occurring.
OK, thanks. If it happens again I'll just ignore it, because you obviously can't keep messing about with the forum settings when I appear to be the only person who is still bringing the problem up.


User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

It *shouldn't* be happening to anyone. So it's one too many. :)


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt
User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

@The pirate,
Giving something else a shot that may (hopefully) fix the issues seen by mobile users.
Let me know if things are any different.


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

OK so far, thanks. I've tried on WiFi and mobile data, and it hasn't logged me out yet.


User avatar

Johnny2523
Posts: 12323
Registered for: 10 years 2 months
Has thanked: 2036 times
Been thanked: 7063 times

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by Johnny2523 »

Just got logged out on my laptop. i refreshed the page and suddenly was logged out (i always check the automatically logged in button).


if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets
User avatar

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Posts: 6563
Registered for: 19 years 5 months
Location: Memphis, TN
Mood:
Has thanked: 732 times
Been thanked: 402 times
Age: 40

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by fecc-mechanic »

That was me, @Johnny2523
Sorry about that. Was updating some cookie settings, and for them to go into effect - it logs everyone out.


All the best from Memphis,
Jordan

Image

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt
User avatar

Johnny2523
Posts: 12323
Registered for: 10 years 2 months
Has thanked: 2036 times
Been thanked: 7063 times

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by Johnny2523 »

fecc-mechanic wrote:That was me, @Johnny2523
Sorry about that. Was updating some cookie settings, and for them to go into effect - it logs everyone out.
Thats okay :D


if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

The Pirate

Re: FECC Forum Running A Bit Slow???

Post by The Pirate »

Another update. It's still logging me out on a regular (daily?) basis. I'm guessing that it must indeed be something to do with the change of ip address. No worries, just letting you know that's all.