burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

iTunes vs Blu Ray questions.

Tue May 06, 2014 2:18 pm

To the experts with all the right gear out there. :D Is there any discernible difference in quality between streaming an iTunes HD movie onto your TV as opposed to playing the same movie on a Blu Ray player?

Re: iTunes vs Blu Ray questions.

Wed May 07, 2014 11:57 am

The pixel count on ITunes is only 720, I think. Which is barely HD.

I stream a lot, but only in full HD. And if there's congestion, they knock it down to SD at times. So, it's not quite the same.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Fri May 09, 2014 7:26 am

Here is a chart to show stream differences of Web based HD formats.
You must always take into consideration of total Video Bitrate and the Bandwidth that is supplied that Blu-ray never suffers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 09, 2014 11:09 am

This says web-based streaming, generally. Is it any better on the TV apps?

Because I notice a difference. It's much more powerful when you stream onto an HD LED TV with all the bells and whistles.

My apologies to Apple, btw.

But YouTube beats 'em all! Wow!

They are now offering 4K, I understand. But, most devices don't support that yet. Nice to know, though.

Thanks for the chart! It was/is mostly 1280 x 720, max., but the footnotes are dated. They go back five years or so. So, I think it has improved considerably. When it works.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Sat May 10, 2014 12:15 am

rjm wrote:This says web-based streaming, generally. Is it any better on the TV apps?

Because I notice a difference. It's much more powerful when you stream onto an HD LED TV with all the bells and whistles.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Web based streaming quality would depend on a few things, such as the bandwidth of your service provider, processor speed, screen resolution, etc.. when comparing to HD TV which are formatted to handle these high-end bit rates of audio, and video, vs. someone's PC .
In the end it all is limited.