burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

windows media player wont properly rip a 2 cd set.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:22 pm

ive tried ripping the new "on stage season" set to my pc (windows 8) and it wont recognize or rip each cd completely. any ideas??? thanks !!!

Re: windows media player wont properly rip a 2 cd set.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:26 am

Download Itunes. (There are others, but this is the standard, and virtually all vendors work with it. I buy from amazon, and it imports into ITunes automatically.)

All formats save for FLAC. I use Apple Lossless, and it all rips to my IPod classic seamlessly. Amazon even imports the playlists if you want some in the cloud. HD Tracks works with it, too.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:29 pm

ok i got itunes,,,,,,,,how do i get my cds imported into it?
sorry never used itunes before.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:05 am

jim1981 wrote:ok i got itunes,,,,,,,,how do i get my cds imported into it?
sorry never used itunes before.

Well, what happens when you put in a CD? Usually ITunes will just open, and offer to import. If that doesn't happen, you need to tweak the settings. I am not on my laptop, so I can't post screen shots.

Also, the newest versions of the software have a variety of view options. It's better to just have a list view to start. Anyway, you want to eventually find the import settings no matter what, because then you can choose the format you prefer.

By default, it will choose a compressed Apple format. I import either in Apple Lossless (no compression added) or highest quality MP3. So, when it asks if I want to import, I have it set to "no." But you may not be ready for that.

You just want to select an import format, and let it import when you insert a CD. Or just let it import, to start.

If you could say a little bit more about what happens when you insert a CD, that would help. Just to get rolling, say "ok." Or "yes." Later you can change the settings. But the first time I installed ITunes, in 2006, it just offered to import the CD. It was pretty easy, and I never did it before. And then I plugged in the IPod. And it synced. Just like that. Within a short time, I was feeding it CDs.

Usually, you have to stop it from doing this automatically. So, insert a CD. It should do it!

I will be back to see how you're doing.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:49 pm

hmmm i was trying to sync my library to it,couldnt figure it out at all. never tried adding a cd to it. lol i gave up and just edited the cds & re-named them so it would keep them correctly in media player (windows). thanks for your time & help !!!!!

Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:48 am

jim1981 wrote:hmmm i was trying to sync my library to it,couldnt figure it out at all. never tried adding a cd to it. lol i gave up and just edited the cds & re-named them so it would keep them correctly in media player (windows). thanks for your time & help !!!!!

You're welcome!

rjm

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:07 am

I rip using Roxio, Nero or the software on my HP PC.
Tend to avoid itunes as they can grab content and reformat file structures and type.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:54 am

With ITunes, you just need to prevent auto-importing, and make sure the settings are as you wish before it begins the import. I have never had a problem where it didn't do what I told it to.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 pm

I always use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) Ripping to WAV and then converting to flac if i want a better filesize

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:10 am

Johnny2523 wrote:I always use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) Ripping to WAV and then converting to flac if i want a better filesize

This is exactly what I have used for many years!