burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

HELP! Weirdo Panasonic VHS Transfer -

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:16 pm

I got this player in 2012, and kept stalling about all the VHS to DVD transfers I must do. So, I only used the DVD. Oh, boy!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is here. Surely, you will! Like the nun said in Change of Habit, "I need a REAL MAN to help me." (She was moving furniture, but . . . and then she ran or something. But the furniture got moved.)

This thing is WEIRD! ANY EXPERT HELP APPRECIATED! (I must have a tape you want, that I will transfer for you! Bribery is . . . a strategy; politicians use it frequently. ;) )

Ok. So there are many confusions. I will first post picures, two from the manual, one of the unit.

Perhaps you could help. It doesn't even have normal tracking functions.
Here you go.

The player, tape half.

So, that's the player. Entire manual is online! But I also have pictures. Here's the link, tho.

http://www.youserguide.com/wiki/Panasonic_DMREZ48V-MUL-037

For the tech experts, this should be a piece of cake. If not, try these two photos. From the paper manual.

And the next one:

Now, feel free to ask for more information.

As of now, it won't play my tapes! Much less transfer them to DVD. :(

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4
Last edited by rjm on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: HELP! Weirdo Panasonic VHS Transfer -

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 pm

What is "VP mode"? This tape was SLP, and was identified as SP. I don't know how to fix that. But my old VCR played the danged tape!

And what is that stuff about "27" or "35"?? Huh? What is all this about?

And it needs to know the length of tape at setup. I have all kinds! I don't have a clue with this thing.

rjm

Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:50 am

One little bump:

phpBB [video]

rjm

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:20 pm

rjm wrote:What is "VP mode"? This tape was SLP, and was identified as SP. I don't know how to fix that. But my old VCR played the danged tape!

And what is that stuff about "27" or "35"?? Huh? What is all this about?

And it needs to know the length of tape at setup. I have all kinds! I don't have a clue with this thing.

rjm

The 27-35 is the head tracking - when you fast forward (Jet Search) searching a scene the screen may bend (or vertical scroll) it's only an adjustment for FF search (Jet Search) and no effect on normal playback.

VP mode is a section for recording where it will record at variable speeds to give you the longest recording time at the best possible speed for your tape length - another words in this setting it can sense when you are running out of tape and slow down to finish the recording on the least amount tape that will hold what's left, if you cannot get an entire program to fit on a tape in SP (best quality mode) and at least the largest portion of the recording will be high quality before it has to slow down to save the rest of the tape to fit it.

SP = Standard Play
EP = Extended Play
VP = Variable play. If it senses it is running out of time, it will slow down

SLP is the same as EP (Super Long Play - Extended Play)
rjm the reason it will not play is because SLP and EP are not Standard Play formats and once you record out of the SP (Standard Play) mode and use the EP or LSP mode they are usually only formatted at speeds of the machine they were recorded on, and will not play outside of the original machine you recorded them on.

Most EP modes will transfer from machine to machine and even EP to an LSP machine, but rarely will an LSP play on an EP Machine's format although they are meant to be the same. smt165

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:59 pm

I will read this again. That tape does play fine on an old-fashioned VCR. I need to tell it the speed. I don't know what it was recorded on, since I bought it at a flea market. I guess there are other ways of transferring the visuals, other than pointing a camera at the screen.

Perhaps the RCA-jacks will take it from another machine, and then transfer to DVD.

But, yes, you nailed it. It actually warns you on page 17. But it's a transfer machine; NONE of the tapes were recorded on this machine. I worry most about the oldest LP tapes; that speed was used in the early days and then abandoned. And I did A LOT of SLP recording! Live Aid, Farm Aid . . . I have it all. (It would tape 8 hours at time.) Or I did. :(

I hope I can rescue tapes like these, and my home movies.

{sigh}

Thanks.

rjm