burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

PAL vs. NTSC

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:17 am

I recently bought a NTSC coded concert DVD by mistake. Not that it matters because my DVD player plays both formats without a hitch. I'm in the UK & most of my DVD's are in PAL format. I was told an NTSC coded disc has much more inferior quality as opposed to a PAL disc since there is much less resolution. Is there any truth to that statement ?

Re: PAL vs. NTSC

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:26 pm

NTSC has 525 lines of resolution vs. 625 lines for PAL,so PAL has more resolution, but at least NTSC runs at the correct speed (or extremely close) while PAL runs 4% too fast. It's only the case for film-based material but 4% is significant,imo.

Re: PAL vs. NTSC

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:43 am

Here's a simple comparison chart as each has it's own superiorities:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.