burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Cannot Backup IPad2 Properly....

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Starting yesterday morning, my IPad2 began going on and off repeatedly and wouldn't stop. I plugged it into the computer and got a message from iTunes saying that the computer is in recovery mode. I tried all day yesterday to solve this problem but...it's still doing it.

Any suggestions? I already have had it backed up once and I'm using iCloud.

Thanks....

Edited To Add: The backup didn't work properly. The IPad2 is still shutting down and powering back up almost repeatedly...I guess I'm gonna have to find another one.... and I've had this one for less than a year....:cry: :x

Re: Cannot Backup IPad2 Properly....

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:06 am

Tony Trout wrote:Starting yesterday morning, my IPad2 began going on and off repeatedly and wouldn't stop. I plugged it into the computer and got a message from iTunes saying that the computer is in recovery mode. I tried all day yesterday to solve this problem but...it's still doing it.

Any suggestions? I already have had it backed up once and I'm using iCloud.

Thanks....

Edited To Add: The backup didn't work properly. The IPad2 is still shutting down and powering back up almost repeatedly...I guess I'm gonna have to find another one.... and I've had this one for less than a year....:cry: :x

Sorry to hear. I have one -- its okay, so far. That's disturbing.

Use cloud backup of another kind, perhaps. Get everything you can on one or more clouds. You can use Dropbox. It's good. (If you give me your e-mail, and you get it from my link, I get a little more space. ;) if you want -- or can. It may not be able to.I don't know.)

Other than cloud backup, and getting a new tablet, I don't know. You may be able to trade-in. Some people can fix them, you'll get some credit for it. But if you need it now, then repair may not be viable for you. Just for whomever buys it.

If you can wait, repair might still be an option. Does Apple offer mobile security protection? I don't know. Could be malware or a virus. Look in the app store. First step: check for virus/malware.

Best I can do for now. I will research it a bit. See what I can do.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:40 am

Maybe this! Read it all!

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-135339-my-ipod-shows-the-aplle-then-shuts-off

rjm

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:10 pm

rjm wrote:Maybe this! Read it all!

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-135339-my-ipod-shows-the-aplle-then-shuts-off

rjm

Actually, my IPad2 (not an IPod) gets past the "Apple" and goes to the apps and then shuts down and starts back up. I bought the IPad2 from a FingerHut catalog (still had to pay the same price as what Apple (or Verizon - they also sell them) would have charged and found out yesterday that FingerHut isn't going to offer any help in any way! I have to contact Apple (which won't be a problem because a guy that works there and I have been trying to solve this problem for two days) and see what they will do. I've already told him that I cannot afford another one at this time. :(

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:17 pm

They spoke of several IOS devices having this problem; I have the same one, I think. My dad got it with his new car, and didn't want it. Latest IPad. Not pod. But various threads around described this problem with various IOS devices.

Try this! Full instructions!
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4880661?start=0&tstart=0

In any event, it looked like a potential solution was in the other thread. I hope it's resolved!

Reset-restore. And backup.

If not, other options.

If you do a trade-in, consider a Note 8. You would be delighted! A wonderful tablet, with new version! Keep it in mind, anyway.

I sure hope you save your data!

This looks like a common problem. I am so sorry. I wish I could do more.

Best,
Robin

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Apple Support Communities
Welcome, Guest Sign in
Search for: Search
Apple Support Communities > iPad > Using iPad > Discussions
iPad keeps turning off and turning on, any ideas?

1600 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 2:49 PM by Philly_Phan RSS
Yellowness
Calculating status...
Yellowness
Mar 11, 2013 2:19 PM
I keep having problems with my iPad turning on and off. It seems to be like this for two to three days and then it seems fine for a few weeks again. This weekend whilst turning on and off the iPad came up with a black screen with write writing, which I have never seen before.

Any ideas if I can cure this myself or if I need to take it back to Apple.
iPad
-------------

First, try a system reset. It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...
Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore. Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod. Again, say "yes."

At the end of the basic Restore, you will be asked if you wish to sync the iPad/iPod. As before, say "yes." Note that that sync selection will disappear and the Restore will end if you do not respond within a reasonable time. If that happens, only the apps that are part of the IOS will appear on your device. Corrective action is simple - choose manual "Sync" from the bottom right of iTunes.

If you're unable to do the Restore, go into Recovery Mode per the instructions here.

----------

This looks promising! I am trying!

All best wishes, Tony. I have to go to sleep now. It's after 3 AM. Hugs!

Best,
Robin

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Tony, I was just kidding about Dropbox! I really want to help! It's after 4, and I should be asleep. First thing when I awake!

Please accept my apologies. I didn't realize how bad it was.

Good night.

Robin