burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Help, please, with TV: Do Processors Matter?

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:53 am

Got a problem, and the difference is expensive. In the front room, the picture tube blew. It was 12 and a half years old. It is barely visible and hisses. Need a 21st century main TV. It is a bigger room than a bedroom.

This one needs to be 55" since it's not a bedroom, and I think 240Hz is prudent with the larger size. Plus the clear motion rate is higher too. They are both 3D and all that.

But there are basically two choices, and I don't know if it makes a difference:

The "cheaper" one is the Samsung UN55F7100, with dual core processor and 720 clear motion rate.

The "better" one, perhaps, is the next step up. UN55F7500, with QUAD core processor, and 960 clear motion rate.

The difference is 500 bucks, which is a lot right now, but doable. Is it worth it? That 500 bucks would pay for the peripherals, warranty, installation fees, etc.

Anyone know if it is worth the difference? This one has to last a while, considering that the old CRT went to the bitter end.

rjm

Re: Help, please, with TV: Do Processors Matter?

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:45 pm

The Samsung UN55F7100, with dual core processor and 720 clear motion rate --> will make you very happy! :wink:

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:46 am

promiseland wrote:The Samsung UN55F7100, with dual core processor and 720 clear motion rate --> will make you very happy! :wink:

Thanks. I didn't think it would make much difference.

rjm
::rocks

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:27 am

Got it. And they took every last cent! The wall-mount, warrantee and service contract, installation, sound bar and sub woofer, Blu-Ray player, and so on. :(

But it will be nice! 8)

rjm