burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

IPad/ITunes question

Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Okay guys, here's the deal. I have downloaded a lot of stuff from ITunes on several computers and find I have bits and pieces all over the place. I find that when I log on each computer/device I get a different catalogue, not the complete one. For example, I recently downloaded a movie from my ITunes account onto my IPad. How do I access it from my PC so I can play it on my TV? The IPad won't connect to the TV and I can't access the movie from my PC. Cheers for any help
::rocks

Re: IPad/ITunes question

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:04 am

Found this on the web.

Solution 2. Watch iTunes movies on TV by from your computer
Another way to watch iTunes movies on TV is to connect the computer and TV while you are playing the videos using iTunes on your computer. You can achieve that by an HDMI cable. In this way, what display on your computer will also display on your TV screen. And then you can use the TV remote control to switch the TV's input to the proper port, set the graphics adapter and choose TV screen as the primary monitor. In this way,
when you are playing iTunes movies, the videos will show on the large screen TV.

So, HDMI cable out to your TV.

I use Amazon Prime and Google Play. The latter runs through the YouTube app on my TV. Amazon has an app.

Otherwise, HDMI cable.

I think that'll do it.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:42 am

rjm wrote:Found this on the web.

Another way to watch iTunes movies on TV is to connect the computer and TV while you are playing the videos using iTunes on your computer. You can achieve that by an HDMI cable. In this way, what display on your computer will also display on your TV screen. And then you can use the TV remote control to switch the TV's input to the proper port, set the graphics adapter and choose TV screen as the primary monitor. In this way,
when you are playing iTunes movies, the videos will show on the large screen TV.

I use Amazon Prime and Google Play. The latter runs through the YouTube app on my TV. Amazon has an app.

Otherwise, HDMI cable.

I think that'll do it.

rjm

Excellent Idea rjm!

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Cheers guys. I know about the HDMI out from my PC/Laptop to the TV but I want to play a movie from my Ipad on the TV. I downloaded the movie from Itunes but it's not showing up on my Itunes account on the laptop or PC. I've heard about ICloud can't seem to download this from my Ipad2. The instructions on the Apple website are incorrect because there are different settings menus depending on which version of Ipad you have. I understand you can get a lead to connect any Ipad direct to your TV but this costs around $150. It's a case of getting the movies I've downloaded on the Ipad onto the laptop or PC. Wish I'd just bought the DVD. :wink:

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:12 pm

promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:Found this on the web.

Otherwise, HDMI cable.

I think that'll do it.

rjm

Excellent Idea rjm!

My last post of the wee hours of the night.

Been thinking about this. To get my songs and audiobooks that I ripped to my ITunes, to the IPad I got recently, I would have to do a sync, or use home sharing. And so turn on home sharing. A good idea in any case. But your problem is the opposite; whatever you bought from ITunes SHOULD appear on your ITunes on your PC! I think. DRM is getting in the way. There are settings for that.

As I said, turn on home sharing. Maybe try a sync. Or copy the video directory over; that is what home sharing is for, right? You may share at home. You bought the films. But the DRM rights are causing mischief, I think.

I don't know if you can output your IPad to TV. Maybe. You can use a projector, but that's not what you want.

It is *illegal* to strip the DRM, to burn a DVD. Even if you own it, it is illegal. And, yes they have arrested DRM violaters. That's not considered home sharing. Perhaps such laws will change.

Right now, you need some sort of cable, USB, perhaps, with home sharing on. That is legal, and it should work. I think you can also sync. That's okay, too. And then you can output to TV. I just don't know if an IPad can do it. You need an HDMI out.

I have the Amazon and Google apps on my TV. So it's a breeze. There are other services with apps. My Blu-Ray player has a dedicated Netflix button, but I don't use them. ITunes does not have an app, far as I know.

Best of luck,
rjm

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:43 am

Thank you. Thank :D you very much.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 am

Delboy wrote:Thank you. Thank :D you very much.

You're welcome. Do I get a scarf, maybe? ;)

Seriously, hope it all works out!

rjm

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Buy an Apple TV streaming wifi device. Then use AirPlay to stream to your TV. Downloaded and watched Fun In Acapulco last night, the 1080p transfer looks great.