burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

IPad ITunes Won't Import Amazon!

Sat May 11, 2013 2:33 am

On my laptop, when you download an Amazon music purchase, it goes right into ITunes. Zap! Like that! No problems.

So, I download a few amazon purchases to this thing - this IPad, and they are not recognized, even by a third party mixing app! What's up with that? Is there a way around this? Curious. DRM on music is no more, or so I thought. I bought the music; I downloaded it, and the mixer app doesn't recognize it because it's not in ITunes. And why didn't it go straight into ITunes, as it does on the laptop?

But it works the other way around! Amazon plays any ITunes purchases On Device. Automatically. Apple: thou art a Jealous Jobs! (With all due respect.)

Bummer. :? :x

rjm (Wish they'd have given away a Galaxy Note 8 tablet, but beggars can't be choosy, Smokey Robinson notwithstanding.)

Re: IPad ITunes Won't Import Amazon!

Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Here's a response from Amazon's Q&A page.

I assume you "open"ed the file in Amazon downloader, not "save"d it, so it has actually downloaded it as mp3's. If you navigate to the folder where the album is, right click one of the songs, and check the properties. It should recognise it as an mp3 file. Occasionally Windows doesn't add the suffix to the file. You could try renaming the files, and adding ".mp3" after each filename. If the album folder just contains a zip file, right click and click extract all files (I'm assuming you are using a PC and windows 7). Then move the zip file elsewhere and retry importing into iTunes.
If none of this works, contact Amazon. Also note that they have recently updated their downloader software. If you haven't updated yours it might be that the old software won't work with newer files. Update and contact Amazon to re-download

You can set the Amazon MP3 Downloader utility to automatically import the downloaded songs into iTunes in the future. Open the Amazon MP3 Downloader, located in the “Programs” folder of the “Start” menu, and select “File > Preferences.” Select iTunes as the default “Media Library” and enable “Add to iTunes.” Save your changes

http://www.ehow.com/how_6801092_music-i ... z2SygbuIsY

Re: IPad ITunes Won't Import Amazon!

Sun May 12, 2013 2:01 am

I think I see. In Windows, the Downloader app comes in automatically. I need a Downloader app for IPad, methinks!

Thanks!

rjm
UPDATE: no Downloader app for IPad. So far as I can see. I have to go into Windows, and get the ITunes library on here. I assume USB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD