burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Win8 Calendar Sync Snafu: help?

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:59 am

As many know, it used to be that people who kept both Android calendars and Google calendars could keep them perfectly sync-ed up between PC and mobile device.

Windows 8 has disenabled that functionality, and if you didn't have the Google calendar (or any in that iCal format, I believe) sync'ed before, forget about it. Some people have arranged to be able to SEE their Google calendars on their phones, but I add stuff on my phone, usually, first. I used to sync with the old Ecco Pro, actually, but with my new Note II, all of that has changed. There are problems with the Yahoo servers, and that couldn't be sync'ed, but I used Outlook 2007/10 and Yahoo Mail, and it all kinda worked out. You'd send an appointment from the phone, and click on the link, and the appointment appeared in Outlook 2010. Still does, but that has problems getting popmail now, so I would rather use the new Outlook calendar.

But you cannot. Most people were using the Google calendar on their PCs, but I wasn't. I had recently switched over from Ecco Pro, so . . .

One interesting thing is that Ecco is making an Android version; it's now open source, is not dead. But it's old, and doesn't have modern media. Meanwhile, I have Evernote on everything now. still, it's not a calendar.

If you know of a PC calendar program that syncs two ways with your phone, that'd be cool!

BTW, a lot of people do Elvis-related research with their calendars. smt201

My contacts sync up just dandy, btw. with Yahoo.

rjm

Re: Win8 Calendar Sync Snafu: help?

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 pm

The sync function is available in Win 8.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:27 am

promiseland wrote:The sync function is available in Win 8.

As Ricky Ricardo once said: "'splain." Thanks.

rjm

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:31 am

rjm wrote:

rjm

See if this helps.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/sync-multi ... s-windows/

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 am

promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

See if this helps.

Unfortunately, the chage happened this month. The option is gone, and even my phone has now dis-enabled the MS active sync. They stopped using EAS, so it's not an option.

But I have found the solution. This used to happen automatically with the old Outlook, but I don't use the old Outlook anymore, as a number of functions don't work right since I upgraded.

This one is made for Windows 8, AFTER the recent update. It works, and will zip your Android Jelly Bean calendar event or task or appointment right into your Windows 8 Outlook Calendar: "iCalenar Importer." It's not free; it's $1.49. Worth it. Open the "store," go to "productivity," and pull out the charms to search by name. It works!

Whenever I note an appointment or task or event on my Galaxy Note II calendar, I hit "forward" like I used to, and this puts it into the new Windows 8 calendar! Everyone is jumping through hoops, and this is all you gotta do. It's no big deal. (I get e-mail events from Outlook.com in my e-mail, so that goes into the Android calendar. Not a "perfect" solution, but good enough for me.)

rjm

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:12 pm

rjm wrote:
promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

See if this helps.

Unfortunately, the chage happened this month. The option is gone, and even my phone has now dis-enabled the MS active sync. They stopped using EAS, so it's not an option.

But I have found the solution. This used to happen automatically with the old Outlook, but I don't use the old Outlook anymore, as a number of functions don't work right since I upgraded.

This one is made for Windows 8, AFTER the recent update. It works, and will zip your Android Jelly Bean calendar event or task or appointment right into your Windows 8 Outlook Calendar: "iCalenar Importer." It's not free; it's $1.49. Worth it. Open the "store," go to "productivity," and pull out the charms to search by name. It works!

Whenever I note an appointment or task or event on my Galaxy Note II calendar, I hit "forward" like I used to, and this puts it into the new Windows 8 calendar! Everyone is jumping through hoops, and this is all you gotta do. It's no big deal. (I get e-mail events from Outlook.com in my e-mail, so that goes into the Android calendar. Not a "perfect" solution, but good enough for me.)

rjm

I don't use all those different emails and calendars, but I see you're getting pretty good with all that! :o

Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:28 am

promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:
promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

See if this helps.

rjm

I don't use all those different emails and calendars, but I see you're getting pretty good with all that! :o

I'm a pretty quick study, and it sure is handy to have your appointments, tasks, and events appear both on your phone and your laptop. And at work it's necessary. Happy now! :D

Thanks!

rjm (That errant smiley happened on the IPad by accident. I bought a roll-up keyboard for it. I must have hit it. Sorry. @promiseland)