burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Problem with varying speed on old tapes

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 am

Hi there, does anyone have an idea what I can do as some of my old tapes that I digitalized vary in speed. I do work with Adobe Audition 3 and Version 5.5.

Re: Problem with varying speed on old tapes

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:49 pm

I think we should wait for Jimmycool to chime in on this one. :?:

Re: Problem with varying speed on old tapes

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 am

I have this problem too when I want to mix two different audience recordings to create a stereo version of a certain show.
Too many factors, the tapes run at different speeds, and it may even vary between devices (tape decks) used during the transfer...

I found a few good tips on the Audacity forum if you still have the original cassettes:
http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic ... 46&t=67977

But once you have transferred to digital, the only way would be to manually adjust speed as it plays, and this will surely be imperfect...