Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Roy Orbison Mystery Girl Deluxe OUT NOW

Tue May 20, 2014 3:04 am

Undoubtedly Roy Orbison's best album reissued with a treasure trove of bonus tracks and a documentary + never before seen music videos. After all these years finally Roy Orbison fans have for the first time something close to an FTD Classic Album. Looks fantastic. Anyone else going to get it or already got it?

http://www.sony.com/SCA/company-news/pr ... yste.shtml

Re: Roy Orbison Mystery Girl Deluxe OUT NOW

Tue May 20, 2014 10:30 am

ordered mine from Amazon so i should have it today,looking forward to hearing the bonus tracks

Tue May 20, 2014 9:10 pm

I received an advance copy a few weeks ago and then last week was sent a finished copy. I was also fortunate to interview Alex Orbison recently and my review and interview will appear on my blog in the next few days - http://peterlewryblog.weebly.com

Peter

Wed May 21, 2014 4:28 am

Seems to be doing very well in the USA. Number 13 in Amazon.com's CD charts. Not doing so well in the UK; only at 93. (The advertising for it in the UK has been poor with very few newspaper articles)

Thu May 22, 2014 4:56 pm

My review and interview is now available to read on my blog

http://peterlewryblog.weebly.com/peter- ... stery-girl

Peter

Thu May 22, 2014 11:48 pm

Got my copy yesterday , it was worth the wait
? Only listened to the expanded cd so far,as I am saving the dvd to watch at the weekend
mobile reply

Tue May 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Wow!!! Thanks for posting - gotta check it out right now. Fantastic album!

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:09 pm

Some of Roy Orbsions best work was in the last few years of his life. Elvis What Happened?

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:58 pm

r&b wrote:Some of Roy Orbsions best work was in the last few years of his life. Elvis What Happened?

Roy had always been a singles artist prior to 1988. While he made so many excellent songs, especially in the 60s, none of the albums were amazing. The albums were good but not amazing and never did very well in the charts. Mystery Girl was the only amazing album he made. A fitting farewell.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:22 pm

r&b wrote:Some of Roy Orbsions best work was in the last few years of his life. Elvis What Happened?

I think we can safely say that Elvis has an overall far more impressive catalog of recordings.

Now, if were talking Orbison v Springsteen, then yes, the Big O wins hands down.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Just ordered it, can't wait to get my copy. When I purchased the album in 1989, I played it to death.

My "favourite" would still look like this (with no big changes):

1. You Got It
2. California Blue
3. She's A Mystery To Me
4. (All I Can Do Is) Dream You
5. A Love So Beautiful
6. The Comedians
7. Windsurfer
8. The Only One
9. In The Real World
10. Careless Heart

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:05 pm

One of my favorite albums that I bought when it first came out and played it a lot. Roy was in fine voice and the songs were terrific. This new edition is great. Nice documentries on the DVD and improved sound on the remastered album. Amazing to see the videos of the recording sessions held in a dirty garage filled with junk. The music sounded great thou.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Marko wrote:One of my favorite albums that I bought when it first came out and played it a lot. Roy was in fine voice and the songs were terrific. This new edition is great. Nice documentries on the DVD and improved sound on the remastered album. Amazing to see the videos of the recording sessions held in a dirty garage filled with junk. The music sounded great thou.

Does the DVD contain any music or performances?

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:30 pm

r&b wrote:
Marko wrote:One of my favorite albums that I bought when it first came out and played it a lot. Roy was in fine voice and the songs were terrific. This new edition is great. Nice documentries on the DVD and improved sound on the remastered album. Amazing to see the videos of the recording sessions held in a dirty garage filled with junk. The music sounded great thou.

Yes, here's the content. Tracks 2-9 are music videos.

1. Mystery Girl: Unraveled (60 Minute Documentary)
2. The Way Is Love
3. California Blue (New Alternate Version)
4. You Got It (New Alternate Version)
5. You Got It (Original Official Video)
6. California Blue (Original Official Video)
7. She's A Mystery To Me (Original Official Video)
8. She's A Mystery To Me (Alternate Unreleased Fincher Version)
9. A Love So Beautiful (Original Official Video)

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:33 am

Marko wrote:
r&b wrote:

Yes, here's the content. Tracks 2-9 are music videos.

1. Mystery Girl: Unraveled (60 Minute Documentary)
2. The Way Is Love
3. California Blue (New Alternate Version)
4. You Got It (New Alternate Version)
5. You Got It (Original Official Video)
6. California Blue (Original Official Video)
7. She's A Mystery To Me (Original Official Video)
8. She's A Mystery To Me (Alternate Unreleased Fincher Version)
9. A Love So Beautiful (Original Official Video)

Still waiting for mine to arrive... :(

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Received it last saturday, listened to it and watched it in its entirety. Wonderful stuff! I just couldn't help but wonder why "The Comedians" wasn't included in the "Mystery Girl: Unraveled" documentary (except for the short bars at the intro)... any idea or infos about this? Maybe copyright reasons or issues with Costello?

Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:25 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Received it last saturday, listened to it and watched it in its entirety. Wonderful stuff! I just couldn't help but wonder why "The Comedians" wasn't included in the "Mystery Girl: Unraveled" documentary (except for the short bars at the intro)... any idea or infos about this? Maybe copyright reasons or issues with Costello?

I wondered the same thing