Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

"Rock Around The Clock" - Happy 60th. Birthday !!!

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Today marks the 60th. anniversary of the recording of "Rock Around The Clock" by Bill Haley and his Comets.

No need to go into details about this landmark, legendary record, as very recently we had a couple of topics here at FECC directly related to it and Haley and his Comets (see links below).

As the YouTube link to "Clock" is available in one of the mentioned links, I will upload the b-side of that historic record, which was recorded the same day, so it also celebrates its 60th. anniversary today. By the way, I think it's a very underrated track in Haley's discography :

phpBB [video]

Bill Haley and his Comets - "Thirteen Women (And Only One Man In Town)" - Decca single 29124 - Recorded April 12, 1954.

--------------------

See also :

For Franny --> "(We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock"
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=81929

Legendary Guitarist Franny Beecher Is Gone
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=81862

Re: "Rock Around The Clock" - Happy 60th. Birthday !!!

Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:30 pm

A couple of nice related items I have found online.

The UK sheet music for the record, complete with "Blackboard Jungle" reference :

Haley - UK sheet -.jpg

A rare 45rpm pink label promo issue :

Haley Promo A -.JPG

Haley Promo B -.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:43 am

I hope some day we'll get to hear one of the live performances of "Rock Around The Clock" Elvis gave at the "Louisiana Hayride," or on tour, in 1955-1956.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:57 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:I hope some day we'll get to hear one of the live performances of "Rock Around The Clock" Elvis gave at the "Louisiana Hayride," or on tour, in 1955-1956.

I hope so.

I'm very confident some day we'll get to hear "new" stuff from Elvis' pre-Army days.