Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

The Beatles stereo mono cds

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:53 am

I was looking at tech info in the bookets it says created from analogue tape.Was it analogue to digital or straight analogue lp master tape?
Wish They would tell us what sources were used on all reissue cds.lps Even Ftd. Analogue is the key word not 24/96.

Re: The Beatles stereo mono cds

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:20 pm

Someone reply pls.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Is this the latest 13 cdbox you are asking about?
This got the same masters in stereo as the English stereo releases.

This one got the american masters in stereo and mono.
http://www.amazon.com/Capitol-Albums-Vo ... ol+masters

And this one

http://www.amazon.com/The-Capitol-Album ... gy_m_img_y

These got super sound directly from analog masters. :smt003 :mrgreen: :smt006

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:36 am

The 2009 box re-issues of both stereo and mono CD's were re-mixed and re-mastered directly from the original multi-track analog tapes. The sound quality was vastly improved as a result, especially with the stereo masters. It was well done indeed.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:30 am

Why doesnt it say what Ftd/Sony used for the Elvis cds?

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:36 am

The Complete masters,30 cdbox is supposedly taken from original analog tapes.
But when i compare music recorded in the same studio as Elvis on the day after or before.
These like Don Gibson recorded at RCAs Nashville sound studio.
Don Gibsons got more room,space in the sound.These are produced by Bear Family Records.
I think it is strange that Elvis recordings sound more flat in the sound.There are exeptions like "Elvis is back".
This was engineered by soundmaster Bill Porter.I Wonder why this is so? :?

Well we will always be hunting for the best sounding release like "Hound dog" in Stereo.
It is not confirmed that this was not recorded on an binaural tape recorder as backup.RCA did eksperiment much with recording equpment at these early stages of stereo. :smt007 :smt006

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:58 am

Its crazy Rca used stereo on stupid classical crap way before 1960 but nothing else why?

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:55 am

You can better ask why they was so stupid that they did not let Elvis record in one of theyr studios with super sound.
He had the voice so they could really test the studio.
Now these albums With classicmusic are collectors item.
They can not match these albums from the 50s recorded by RCA Victor in stereo these days. :?

:smt006