Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:55 pm

I'm really diggin' Cyndi Lauper here.

phpBB [video]

Re: We Are The World - Outtakes

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Cyndi rocks,dont think Kim Carnes was a fan though

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:23 pm

I have HOURS of this material on VHS. I hope it ALL ends up on YouTube so I don't have to transfer it all. MTV devoted a weekend to such outtakes, and I had two machines running constantly.

Thanks!

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:37 pm

rjm wrote:I have HOURS of this material on VHS. I hope it ALL ends up on YouTube so I don't have to transfer it all. MTV devoted a weekend to such outtakes, and I had two machines running constantly.

Thanks!

rjm

Do you have any of the Willie Nelson outtakes?saw them years ago with Him and Bob Dylan

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Yes. I remember that. I haven't watched it in decades, but I do remember that. At least I think I do! It's been a while.

The tapes sit there in the cabinet, seeming to dare me to try to transfer them.

rjm

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:15 am

Cyndi Lauper is a very talented singer and award-winning actress, no wonder those outtakes are so excellent. Her bit on the final version is a total highlight.

List of awards and nominations received by Cyndi Lauper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Cyndi_Lauper

Cyndi delivered a wonderful show in Oakland at the same arena that Elvis played in 1956 and 1957, and blew the place away. It was a tour in support of her True Colors album, and she had Rick Derringer as her lead guitarist. She even got Rick to sing his #1 hit when he was in the McCoys, "Hang On Sloopy," during the encore. Awesome!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:41 am

We are the world is a wonderful song, I've always liked it. The song showcase's some excellent singer's from the period and I think if Elvis would of been alive he would of had his part in the song too. If only...

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:00 pm

keninlincs wrote:...dont think Kim Carnes was a fan though

Something she has said, Ken?

I sense perhaps some awkward body language here and there [not surprising as she was being out-sung big time].

And her repeating [twice] of Cyndi's jokey remark of referring to the three of them as the "bridge people" [i.e. the group given the task of singing the songs bridge] sounds a little condescending.

It's hard to know for sure, though.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:38 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
keninlincs wrote:...dont think Kim Carnes was a fan though

Something she has said, Ken?

I sense perhaps some awkward body language here and there [not surprising as she was being out-sung big time].

And her repeating [twice] of Cyndi's jokey remark of referring to the three of them as the "bridge people" [i.e. the group given the task of singing the songs bridge] sounds a little condescending.

It's hard to know for sure, though.

Just her body language gave me that impression lol
mobile reply

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:22 am

phpBB [video]

You'll get no derogatory bullshit from Cyndi, that's for sure.