Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Frank Sinatra/Dionne Warwick, You and Me (We Wanted it All)

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:18 pm

You and Me (We Wanted it All) has always been one of my favourite tracks from Frank Sinatra's monumental 1980 album, Trilogy: Past, Present and Future. Here, he sings this Carol Bayer Eager/Peter Allen song as a soloist, and wonderfully so, but I very much like his 1986 duet with Dionne Warwick. Recorded on April 1st, as part of Dionne's Sold Gold television show, this was a highlight from a fairly busy year for the seventy year-old Sinatra, who was in fine voice here -- as was Dionne, whose tone and phrasing are quite delicious next to Sinatra's warm timbre.

phpBB [video]

Re: Frank Sinatra/Dionne Warwick, You and Me (We Wanted it A

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:21 am

greystoke wrote:You and Me (We Wanted it All) has always been one of my favourite tracks from Frank Sinatra's monumental 1980 album, Trilogy: Past, Present and Future. Here, he sings this Carol Bayer Eager/Peter Allen song as a soloist, and wonderfully so, but I very much like his 1986 duet with Dionne Warwick. Recorded on April 1st, as part of Dionne's Sold Gold television show, this was a highlight from a fairly busy year for the seventy year-old Sinatra, who was in fine voice here -- as was Dionne, whose tone and phrasing are quite delicious next to Sinatra's warm timbre.

phpBB [video]

It is indeed a lovely song - I know most critics prefer Summer Me, Winter Me, but I too prefer You and Me. Not seen that duet before - great stuff :)

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:51 am

I also think that Summer Me, Winter Me is terrific -- but I'm very fond of Trilogy, and in this, and You and Me (We Wanted it All), we're talking certain highlights from the Present section.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:53 am

greystoke wrote:I also think that Summer Me, Winter Me is terrific -- but I'm very fond of Trilogy, and in this, and You and Me (We Wanted it All), we're talking certain highlights from the Present section.

I agree, but You and Me is a more traditional song, I guess. While The Present has its ups and downs (and I can live without That is what God Looks Like and Song Sung Blue), the best moments are remarkable.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:55 pm

I heard this song for the first time a couple of months back. Boy, that thing is depressing! :)