Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Christmas Three

Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:24 am

The quiet power and controlled velvet tones of Jim Reeves are perfectly suited to this rarely heard track.
phpBB [video]

Stevie Nicks and Robbie Nevil transform Silent Night. Just beautiful.
phpBB [video]

This is a british thing. In 1974 the band 'Mud' had a number one with this track. You really had to be there, if you were, this takes you back.
phpBB [video]

Re: Christmas Three

Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:30 am

Another beauty:

phpBB [video]

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:10 am

Same as Mud....but this is a Dutch thing.....Jack Jersey.....1975......good old days..... :wink:
phpBB [video]

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Another beauty:

phpBB [video]

Yep. That's one of those songs that stick in the mind for about three days after you've heard it. Pain in the arse when that happens.

But if we're talking Beatles at christmas, there can surely only ever be one winner:
phpBB [video]

Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:38 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Another beauty:

phpBB [video]

Yep. That's one of those songs that stick in the mind for about three days after you've heard it. Pain in the arse when that happens.

But if we're talking Beatles at christmas, there can surely only ever be one winner:
phpBB [video]

That's a John Lennon solo number, and as great as any holiday song can be, a testimony to his genius.

However, the Beatles did once offer a silly holiday number to members of their fan club, a long, long time ago.

Below is the full, unissued recording.

phpBB [video]

Beatles "Christmas Time (Is Here Again)" (Tuesday, November 28, 1967)
http://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/christmas-time-is-here-again/

Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:51 am

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron by the Royal Guardsmen.....one of my favorites.

phpBB [video]

Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote: That's a John Lennon solo number, and as great as any holiday song can be, a testimony to his genius.

I know that Brother. I was coming from the standpoint of 'once a Beatle, always a Beatle'.

Thats why I put '....talking Beatles at christmas....' as opposed to '.......talking The Beatles at christmas.......'. But you're right, I guess I could have made it clearer.

drjohncarpenter wrote:However, the Beatles did once offer a silly holiday number to members of their fan club, a long, long time ago.

Never heard that before, thanks.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:53 am

British actor and pop star Adam Faith. Great christmas record.

phpBB [video]

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:12 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: That's a John Lennon solo number, and as great as any holiday song can be, a testimony to his genius.

I know that Brother. I was coming from the standpoint of 'once a Beatle, always a Beatle'.

Thats why I put '....talking Beatles at christmas....' as opposed to '.......talking The Beatles at christmas.......'. But you're right, I guess I could have made it clearer.

drjohncarpenter wrote:However, the Beatles did once offer a silly holiday number to members of their fan club, a long, long time ago.

Never heard that before, thanks.

Happy Crimble!