Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Paul McCartney interview from Mojo Magazine Nov 2013

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:25 pm

i scanned the Paul McCartney feature in the new Mojo magazine for anyone interested
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Paul McCartney interview from Mojo Magazine Nov 2013

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:29 pm

last 4 pages
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:07 am

Thanks Ken.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:11 am

TJ wrote:Thanks Ken.

you are welcome TJ

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 pm

MOJO always delivers the goods: great layout, excellent writing and charming insights.

How great would it be to spend a hour chatting with Paul McCartney? It was most interesting to read how Paul only now realizes that "Yesterday" was unconsciously written for his mom, Mary, taken by cancer in 1956, when Paul was 14. The lyric now takes on a whole new meaning. The sidebars with the co-producers of his new release were insightful, too:

- "It's difficult for people to perceive how avant-garde their later records are -- and they're rough, there's so much humanity in there. We're used to hearing them, we take them for granted." (Ethan Johns)
- "He loved the way the four corners of the Beatles made a perfect square." (Niles Martin)

Paul seems to be in a good place in 2013, and no one deserves it more. The 2013 disc, New, seems to be something anyone who cares will want to pick up, I may even take the plunge.

MOJO remains the finest monthly rock 'n' roll magazine. Thanks for sharing.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:19 am

Pick it up everybody! I buy every McCartney release, but this album is something extra! I can´t believe my ears!!! Good pop hooks, catchy rock, but still with unexpected twists where you least expect them. I´m impressed!

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Fantastic interview, Ken! Thanks for posting!
I wish Mojo was available in Argentina.
Does anyone from the US have an FYE store nearby?
That's the only place to get the cube version of NEW and of course there are no FYE stores in Argentina.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks for posting, Ken!

And pick up Paul's CD, Doc. Even if some people might call it "too sophisticated", I think it's great to hear Paul rollin' with the flow. A very good album.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Thanks for posting, keninlincs!

luckyjackson1 wrote:And pick up Paul's CD, Doc. Even if some people might call it "too sophisticated", I think it's great to hear Paul rollin' with the flow. A very good album.

I would definitely recommend this album. Paul is in fine form. His voice is a bit ragged but what can one expect from a 71-year-old man? And I'd spend a few dollars more for the extended versions because the B-sides are strong: One of the B-sides, "Turned Out," could have easily come from the "Ram" sessions. ("Ram" is my favorite Paul McCartney album.) And "Get Me Out of Here" is a nice blues number with Jordanaires-like backing vocals.

My favorite songs on the album include "Alligator," "Queenie Eye," "New," "I Can Bet," "Looking At Her" and "Road."

My least favorite songs are "Hosanna" (it has its moments) and "Everybody Out There." "Everybody Out There" is Paul in mediocre mode. You can tell he tried to write what he thinks is a crowd pleaser and it's similar in style to the awful "Freedom" from 2001's "Driving Rain" album. It probably took him about 15 minutes to write the words and music.

But overall I'd give the album a solid "A."

:)

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks Ken.Really enjoying the new album.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:32 am

norrie wrote:Thanks Ken.Really enjoying the new album.

You are welcome,its getting a lot of airplay here