Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Any fans of the three "Highwaymen" albums?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Johnny Cash+Willie Nelson+Waylong Jennings+Kris Kristofferson = gold on three incredible albums.

1) Highwaymen - released in 1985 - included several memorable songs including the title track, Against the Wind, and The Last Cowboy Song

2) Highwaymen 2 - released in 1990 - more incredible work - notable songs included Angels Love Bad Men and We're All In Your Corner

3) The Road Goes On Forever - released in 1995 - the last album - my favorite - great takes on Live Forever, Here Comes That Rainbow Again, and a memorable take on "True Love Travels On A Gravel Road"

2 of the 4 Highwaymen are gone now - they made such beautiful music at the time.

Anybody else love these three albums?

Re: Any fans of the three "Highwaymen" albums?

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:08 am

Despite being a Cash fan, I've never really gone for the Highwayman albums. That said, I agree that the third one is the best of the bunch. Here Comes That Rainbow Again is a lovely song, and it's always good to hear True Love Travels, one of my favourite Elvis tracks.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:33 am

I have the Three Highwaymen albums and had the pleasure of seeing them live on 2 occasions,great stuff

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:49 am

I have the first 2, never heard the last one, other than a couple songs from it they did on tv.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Yeah, love them. Listened to the first one a lot of times. And the third one is of course noticeable for the "True Love Travels On A Gravel Road" cover.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:27 am

Love the albums but they were even better live (only seen the concert videos not in person unfortunately)

norrie

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:38 pm

better live?
not in my book I have to say.. simply because Willie use to sing (and play) most of his songs much faster than he does/did in the studio :/
which is quite interesting cause smokinĀ“ grass normally has this laid back,slow it down-effect :D

album no 3 btw was released few years ago with a bonus-dvd, containing some live-shots and also an interesting docu about the group.
PLUS there are at least 2 official live-dvds available