Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

New Willie Nelson album April 15th(preview)

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:08 am

Here is a preview of the new Willie Nelson album for those interested....I know Norrie is
phpBB [video]

and the new single is here
phpBB [video]

Re: New Willie Nelson album April 15th(preview)

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:16 am

Cheers Ken.Sounds good.

norrie

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:34 am

Thanks for posting, Ken.

If there's anything better than a beautifully written song with great lyrics and a sincere voice singing it, I don't know what it is. Good on Willie for using his freedom to give voice to these wonderful songs.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:29 am

MaryAnn wrote:Thanks for posting, Ken.

If there's anything better than a beautifully written song with great lyrics and a sincere voice singing it, I don't know what it is. Good on Willie for using his freedom to give voice to these wonderful songs.

Agree with you 100%

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:15 pm

And on April 30 Willie turns eighty! :)

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:30 am

He's beginning to sound a little older, but at 79 that's hardly surprising. But his vocals are still so wonderfully simple and sincere that it really doesn't matter. These late albums are not ever going to be regarded as his greatest works, but to be nearly 80 and still so in control vocally, physically and mentally and still giving pleasure to millions is one hell of an achievement. And while I certainly haven't heard all Nelson's albums, I have yet to find one that doesn't have something to recommend it.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:26 am

He still sounds great vocally on this album but it's his guitar playing that sets him apart.To play like he does on this at 80 is astonishing.His jazzy solos are all over it and sound superb he gets old Trigger singing like a bird.His sister Bobbie compliments him well with simple understated piano with not a note wasted.The harmonica playing of Mickey Raphael has been a highlight of many a Willie album and he's as brilliant as ever giving the songs some atmosphere.Individually you can't fault any of the songs all expertly played and sung the only drawback being they are pretty much done at a similar pace and style which might not make for too many repeated spins after the initial
few plays.Still there is much to enjoy and hats off to Willie yet again proving age is no barrier to his abilities.

norrie

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Has he learned to sing yet or still using that horrible nasally whine?! :lol:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 pm

F@ck you Tony,f@ck you very much :lol:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Thank you for the review Norrie, looking forward to listen to it.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:17 am

Tony.. wrote:Has he learned to sing yet or still using that horrible nasally whine?! :lol:

Talking of whining...