Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Lulu -- To Sir, With Love (From 2008)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 pm

A recent performance of her only hit......Still sounding & looking great after 40 + years.

phpBB [video]

Re: Lulu -- To Sir, With Love (From 2008)

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:41 am

I still would. :P I prefer her original version and I love the double CD set of all her early material ("Shout - the complete Decca recordings") before Mickie Most made her too poppy.
This is a good one, originally recorded in 1966;

phpBB [video]

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 am

TCB-FAN wrote:A recent performance of her only hit......

So don't the following count as hits?

Shout
The Man Who Sold The World
I'm A Tiger
Boom Bang A Bang
The Man With The Golden Gun
The Boat That I Row

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 am

The film was fairly radical when it debuted. I went to see it a couple of times when it came out. I loved it.

phpBB [video]

It certainly captures a moment in time when the U.S. was in cultural turmoil and the U.K. had a completely different perspective -- thanks to their completely different history. Yet, with our shared values, it worked. It still works. :)

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:43 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:A recent performance of her only hit......Still sounding & looking great after 40 + years.

phpBB [video]

I've just listened to this again and it is an excellent performance. Thanks for posting.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 am

TCB-FAN wrote:A recent performance of her only hit......Still sounding & looking great after 40 + years.

phpBB [video]

Hey TCB. ABC-1 are screening this one nationally on Saturday afternoon :D Has Lulu released the film version of TSWL you know the one with the verse, Those Awkward Years...
. It's better version for it.