Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Bobby Darin: Jive

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:44 am

Rather surprisingly, this little Lovin' Spoonful-influenced song managed to just creep into the top 100 for Darin at a time when he was making records that very few people bought, let alone appreciated. It's still relatively unknown how much Darin embraced the counter-culture and the world of drugs, but he certainly refers to them a few times on the Bobby Darin born Walden Robert Cassotto and Commitment LP. It's also quite difficult to establish whether he was pro or anti them as well. Still this is a fun little tune that wasn't on youtube till recently.

phpBB [video]

Re: Bobby Darin: Jive

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Great track, love Darin's music from that period. Songs From Big Sur is a fabulous collection from this era.

Me And Mr Hohner and Distractions (Part One) from this time also reference having a cheeky spliff.

Re: Bobby Darin: Jive

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:52 pm

londonflash wrote:Great track, love Darin's music from that period. Songs From Big Sur is a fabulous collection from this era.

Me And Mr Hohner and Distractions (Part One) from this time also reference having a cheeky spliff.

Yes, and I Can See The Wind from the album Born Walden Robert Cassotto appears to be about talking drugs too (sadly that's not on youtube either!).